Indian Acres of Thornburg

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
Anyone know what Indian Acres is using nowadays? They're licensed for a repeater on 463.975, but I haven't heard them in years. Searched the business bands, and couldn't find them anywhere else either.

Thanks,
Dave

dtscho

Database Admin
Maybe I'll have to take a trip to Indian Acres. I believe it says on their website that visitors are welcome to look around for up to four hours.

Of course, if anyone's going this summer, let us know what you find. Thanks.

Dave

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I'll have to take a trip to Indian Acres. I believe it says on their website that visitors are welcome to look around for up to four hours.

Of course, if anyone's going this summer, let us know what you find. Thanks.

Dave

Dave, what the website says is that prospective buyers will be issued a one time pass by security to look at properties. It seems it is valid from 1100-1500 any Friday/Saturday other than holiday weekends. Once you use it, if you want to go back, then you have to make an appointment with their office for a guided tour. It does not say if when using the pass if you are allowed to roam freely or someone will assist you. A phone call would of course clarify that.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
It could definitely pay to look at the radios. Imperial Plaza disappeared from UHF and they've switched to Motorola DTR650's, which I don't think I could find by searching. But I kept searching until I saw what they were using...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dtscho

Database Admin
Yes, I'm aware of the DTR radios; these can't be monitored with scanners. Seems like those radios wouldn't be suited too well to a big place like Indian Acres, though.

I've monitored the licensed frequencies of 463.9750 and 151.7150 for some time, and nothing has been heard. They used to be fairly active on 463.9750.

It looks like one of us is going to have to pay them a visit...

Thanks,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.