indian river county channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Hi i am going to be visiting vero family for two weeks this summer in vero beach (indian river county) i have the freqs and radii ids for their system for the county police and fire dept-i am more interested in the fire end of it.
my questions are first of all- is their sytem easy to follow and are there are any other channels that are interesting-i se they have a simulcast freq for hte fire dept-can everything the fire dept say be heared on that one frequency--thank you

gerstjo

Indian River FD

Indian River dispatches the fire stations on talkgroup 02-021 and then usually switches comms to one of the Tac channels except for a one truck response.
All comms are in the clear except ambulance to hospital reports and some FD admin talkgroups, they are in Provoice mode and cannot be monitored.
You can also monitor FD paging on 153.92.
The West System does not have the FD Tac channels on it.
Also the West System frequencies on Radio Reference are incorrect. This system was rebanded last year. See Indian River County 800 MHz Trunked System for the correct frequencies.
A list of fire stations and locations can also be found on my website.

John Gerstner
East Central Florida Scanner Page
East Central Florida Scanner Page

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Hi john thank you so much for the info and your site is amazing.question for you on my uniden 396 t i entered the freqs with the LCN but the West freqs i cannot enter th LCN it says they exist the scanner wont accept it--any ideas thanks

Last edited:

DickH

Program each system into a different bank on the scanner.
You cannot put 2 trunked system in the same bank. ...

That's right for EDACS and LTR systems, but you can put many motorola trunked systems in the same bank.
Also, if the RR databank has incorrect freqs. please submit the correct ones.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
john can you confirm the fire dispatch is ID 02-021 on your list it is listed as 02-041-i put them both in my scanner so no harm no foul but the 02-021 is not listed on your website which is done so nice.

another question for you or anyone else that may have any knowledge of,Why did disney world's system go encrypted,theres nothing top secret about them,i can see state police or SWAT teams but disney world was a shock to me,i was looking forward to monitoring them when i bring my son there but i guess thats out the window.

gerstjo

Indian River FD

Sorry for the typo. Indian River FD dispatch is 02-041.

From what I understand Nextel made Disney an offer they could not refuse on a Nextel System.
Nextel systems cannot be monitored by any scanner.

Soapbox
I do not contribute to Radio Reference because they rip off the information from my website anyway.
When I complained years ago, I was told that anything posted on the internet is public domain and I should be willing to share my information.
This is also a reason I do not like my Home Patrol scanner relying on Radio Reference information.

John Gerstner
East Central Florida Scanner Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.