Indiana DNR activity over July 4th Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
WOW, there was a lot of DNR traffic this past weekend. I had no idea we had over 200 DNR officers (from their website). I think I logged about 70% of them with ProScsn. North/South Region dispatch was very active. So much so that I thought I had Dist 51/52 ISP Dispatch locked out because their transmissions were few & far between.

GTO_04

It has been a record year for boating. They have actually had to close the ramps at Morse and Geist because there were so many boats out on the water. Not sure if that happened over the 4th though. There are a lot of boats out during the week too. The hot weather combined with the shutdowns (people being home more) only add to the boat traffc.

w9sar

Premium Subscriber
District 6 was crazy busy on Lake Monroe that weekend. On a side note, I live near Bloomington and can hear South Region fine, but never hear North Region, even though they're dispatched from the same location at Paynetown. Does anyone know why - is North Region dispatch linked by wireline or maybe microwave, which would explain why I don't hear them?

GTO_04

District 6 was crazy busy on Lake Monroe that weekend. On a side note, I live near Bloomington and can hear South Region fine, but never hear North Region, even though they're dispatched from the same location at Paynetown. Does anyone know why - is North Region dispatch linked by wireline or maybe microwave, which would explain why I don't hear them?

Good question. I am in Hamilton County and never hear the South Region. But I will have to check my programming and see if I have the right TG for the South Region programmed.

GTO_04

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
I hear South on Pendleton, but as we have been told a dozen times, only when a radio aff's to that site. Pendleton is a border site, so more often then say, Anderson. I will also hear Brown on D6 Parks ever so often same reason.

w9sar

Premium Subscriber
I hear South on Pendleton, but as we have been told a dozen times, only when a radio aff's to that site. Pendleton is a border site, so more often then say, Anderson. I will also hear Brown on D6 Parks ever so often same reason.

Yes, I understand the site affiliation issue, but dispatch would be affiliated full-time and I would hear them. I'm thinking they must use a microwave, or more likely, a hardwire link.

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch(UID or wired) would not be heard on a site that had no RID affed to it first, including its own home site. So a north zone radio would have to be affed thru your site for you to hear north dispatch .

w9sar

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch(UID or wired) would not be heard on a site that had no RID affed to it first, including its own home site. So a north zone radio would have to be affed thru your site for you to hear north dispatch .

Right. I'm not going to hear it if it's a microwave or wireline link because there's no radio affiliation involved down here. But if dispatch simply uses a radio at dispatch on that TG, I would hear it. This would be similar to IUPD statewide dispatch - IUPD Bloomington dispatches for many of the smaller IU campuses around the state, thus I hear them because IU Bloomington has a radio affiliated with that TG.

Status
Not open for further replies.