Indiana DNR South Region VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesa53

Are any of these active in the Vigo County area?

Or is all the activity on SAFE-T?

I know the State Parks use 159.240 for maintenance and other things.

I figured someone here would know.

W9NES

South Region on Safe-t Talkgroup 20752 is DNR south Region.This is where I heard all the actvity in your area this past weekend.You should be able to get this thru Dist 32 ISP safe-t tower site in Terre Haute. 159.240 is only used for State Parks across the state.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
159.2400 active during the summer months here in Lafayette for operations at Prophetstown State Park. DNR enforcement is on SAFE-T.

jamesa53

Thank you all for your input. I've just resurrected a BC 210 XLT and was thinking about loading some DNR VHF into it.

W9NES

I would go ahead and load up the old 210XLT with the old VHF for DNR along with any other frequencies you would like to put into the scanner.You never know what you might hear on the old frequencies that you would never hear on safe-t.You also might load it up with Railroad frequencies in the Terre Haute area and you would be ready in the event of a train derailment or accident and be the first to know what is going on.

jclarkr6

I visit rural Vigo County every once in a while and I have heard some activity on the DNR VHFs as recently as this last fall (November, maybe?). They were running the names of hunters (presumably) and coordinating activities with other officers. I can't remember what frequencies I got hits on, but I know that they were part of the DNR VHFs. It does sound like they conduct most of their business on SAFE-T (I have a BCD396XT), but I always monitor DNR VHFs because I never know what I will hear. I should mention that the few times that I have been to Vigo County this winter I don't recall hearing any activity on the DNR VHFs, but that could be normal for the winter months.

indiana1983

Hello,
I have from time to time monitored DNR VHF Frequencies. I know that they are still used here in BArtholomew, JAckson,Jenings, Brown Counties for state parks and etc. I was just wondering if anyone has any PL tones that they use around this for those operations. I am not able to track the PL tone so am unable to zoom in on the correct tone. Any help would be helpful.

THanks

Status
Not open for further replies.