Indiana First Responder Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
RE: LECTRO COMMUNICATIONS, AMK Services, LLC & Hamilton County, Indiana First Responder Radio System
FYI:

While updating my Madison Co license database, I ran across this bit of info.
Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - KFB470 - LECTRO COMMUNICATIONS
on the Admin Tab: ( 08/10/2011 ) Assignment of Authorization File#0004819001
ULS Application: 0004819001 - AMK SERVICES, LLC (Application Consented )
An attachment: Transaction Descripton & Public Interest Statement
On licenses Tab: Licenses added:
KBF470 IG - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional - Anderson
KNBC562 YM - 800 MHz Trunked SMR (SMR, Site-specific) - Anderson
WPNT857 YG - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked - Muncie
WPNV328 YG - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked - Anderson
WPNZ966 YG - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked - Noblesville
WPPE321 YG - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked - Marion
WPSY502 YX - SMR, 806-821/851-866 MHz, Trunked - Muncie
WPSZ300 YX - SMR, 806-821/851-866 MHz, Trunked - Muncie

A

Agentblack

What exactly is the Indiana First Responder Radio System? I have not heard of it before.

GTO_04

If memory serves me correctly, its just the name Hamilton County gave their trunked radio system.

Also, the Indiana part is tied to the county name, so it should read:

Hamilton County, Indiana
First Responder Radio System

Not Indiana First Responder Radio System.

SCPD

QRT
This has nothing to do with the Hamilton County EDACS system this has been used in the past by volunteers such as K9 and other SAR Teams that are volunteers that have NO access to PD/FD systems such as the EDACS system this is a system that has many business users as well all on a trunked system to give volunteers better radio coverage for there own use. I have heard many different users on these system this is all part of the FCC reband of the VHF and UHF systems that they have to comply with by 2013 to go to the 12.5 step instead of the old 15step it is really no big deal. Nothing new

Dispatch2323

Premium Subscriber
Hamilton County should give the system a try! The current EDACS system could not be much worse. Very nice dispatch center at the Sheriff's Dept but a horrible radio system to work with.

aspen54

Premium Subscriber
Open sky

Is a mess, It has taken 18 months to get just 1 frequency of the *d's 8 operational. FD still not running. When you read the horror stories on Google why anyone would go to it I have no idea. Plus you become isolated from every one else. It's far to expensive for what one gets out of it. There are also a number of stories on RR about it also.
Do you work Hamilton County or Noblesville? Son works NFD, Engine 71. Lead Paramedic and Trainer.

GTO_04

Hamilton County should give the system a try! The current EDACS system could not be much worse. Very nice dispatch center at the Sheriff's Dept but a horrible radio system to work with.

Ask the folks in Stueben County (IN) how well the Open Sky system works. Same for New York state.

GTO_04

Dispatch2323

Premium Subscriber
I work for a nearby agency. I hear horror stories of radio problems from friends that work at Hamilton County. I would never promote the use of open sky either. Edacs and Open Sky are no good in my opinion. Hamilton County just doesn't have any good options. Safe-T coverage is not the best in Hamilton County either.

usswood

I work for a nearby agency. I hear horror stories of radio problems from friends that work at Hamilton County. I would never promote the use of open sky either. Edacs and Open Sky are no good in my opinion. Hamilton County just doesn't have any good options. Safe-T coverage is not the best in Hamilton County either.

yeah, but take into costs for all the equipment of open sky and Hamilton would have done better and saved more money if they just bought 2 or 3 county owned towers for Safe-T! Vigo bought one tower and we don't have any issues with Terre Haute City not having good portable coverage, even inside buildings and homes!

Status
Not open for further replies.