Indiana MD-UV380 codeplug

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Does anyone have a current Indiana codeplug for a MD-UV380? I'm giving this radio another try (sold my previous one about six months ago), but I'm finding programming it is difficult, which is why I sold the last one. I've read tutorials and watched some videos, but I am just about ready to pull my hair out. I've found a couple online, but they're dated 7/2018. Are there any that are more up to date?

I still want to learn to build my own codeplugs, but for now, I just want to get on the air, so if someone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance.

:)

NWI_Scanner_Guy

For Northwest Indiana DMR users, which zone do you use? I installed the July 2018 codeplug I got from the vault, but I can't seem to transmit, and no matter how long I "park" on certain channels, I'm not hearing anything. I've tried with the Gary zone, the Crown Point zone and the Chicago zone and nothing. I've even tried the "parrot" channel and I hear nothing after I unkey the radio.

Obviously something is wrong somewhere, but unfortunately, my lack of experience with DMR in general, and this model radio in particular, is proving to be quite frustrating.

Be on the lookout for this radio in the classifieds. If I continue to pull my hair out, I just may say the hell with it and stick to what little I do on analog radios. LOL.

Hit_Factor

I'm not going to be much help, no local DMR repeaters and I use a hotspot.

I had a md390, threw it away because it was not reliable at decoding DMR. Hytera PD782G is what I use with the hotspot.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
For Northwest Indiana DMR users, which zone do you use? I installed the July 2018 codeplug I got from the vault, but I can't seem to transmit, and no matter how long I "park" on certain channels, I'm not hearing anything. I've tried with the Gary zone, the Crown Point zone and the Chicago zone and nothing. I've even tried the "parrot" channel and I hear nothing after I unkey the radio.

Obviously something is wrong somewhere, but unfortunately, my lack of experience with DMR in general, and this model radio in particular, is proving to be quite frustrating.

Be on the lookout for this radio in the classifieds. If I continue to pull my hair out, I just may say the hell with it and stick to what little I do on analog radios. LOL.
I monitor the Gary UHF "Local" talk group full-time. There hasn't been much traffic, but Local get's used frequently during the day and early evening. I can access the Crown Point and Valparaiso repeaters, but have no reason to use either of them. I also monitor the Gary VHF DMR repeater full-time.

BTW, "Parrot" hasn't been working for well over a year. I have no idea why.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

I monitor the Gary UHF "Local" talk group full-time. There hasn't been much traffic, but Local get's used frequently during the day and early evening. I can access the Crown Point and Valparaiso repeaters, but have no reason to use either of them. I also monitor the Gary VHF DMR repeater full-time.

BTW, "Parrot" hasn't been working for well over a year. I have no idea why.

The Parrot not working would explain why I'm not hearing anything when I test, but I don't understand why I'm not receiving anything period. I've had the radio on since 6:30am this morning for a couple hours each on three different talkgroups via the Gary U/V zone (Local, NA and WW Eng) and I not even seeing any bars by the antenna icon. Are there supposed to be bars showing when I key up the radio? If so, they ain't showing on mine. Very frustrated. Grrrrrr!!

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
The Parrot not working would explain why I'm not hearing anything when I test, but I don't understand why I'm not receiving anything period. I've had the radio on since 6:30am this morning for a couple hours each on three different talkgroups via the Gary U/V zone (Local, NA and WW Eng) and I not even seeing any bars by the antenna icon. Are there supposed to be bars showing when I key up the radio? If so, they ain't showing on mine. Very frustrated. Grrrrrr!!
I've put out my call several times this morning, but I haven't heard much traffic on Local myself. If you remember where I live, bring the radio over and let me check it out for you. :)

Bars will show up when the repeater is active, not when you key up. Digital radio doesn't have a "squelch tail".

Call before to make sure I'm home. 219-256-1025

w2xq

Mentor
Does anyone have a current Indiana codeplug for a MD-UV380? ...
I still want to learn to build my own codeplugs, but for now, I just want to get on the air, so if someone could help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I can't help with a ready to go codeplug but maybe I can help with ideas for you to build one. I have the MD-UV380 too. Are you trying to put in repeaters and a couple of simplex frequencies, or Brandmeister talkgroups or both? If you are using a hotspot, are you running Pi-Star? If you are running Pi-Star, what is the version (top right on Dashboard screen) and is the hotspot connecting to your network?

Have you seen this page? W2XQ.com : Amateur Radio: DMR

PM if you prefer.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

I can't help with a ready to go codeplug but maybe I can help with ideas for you to build one. I have the MD-UV380 too. Are you trying to put in repeaters and a couple of simplex frequencies, or Brandmeister talkgroups or both? If you are using a hotspot, are you running Pi-Star? If you are running Pi-Star, what is the version (top right on Dashboard screen) and is the hotspot connecting to your network?

Have you seen this page? W2XQ.com : Amateur Radio: DMR

PM if you prefer.

Not using hot spots. I'm still too much of a DMR noob to even think about hotspots. No, I'm using whatever information for talkgroups and simplex freqs that was in the codeplug I downloaded from the Hoosier DMR page.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps the radio is defective as it doesn't seem to transmit or receive even when I key up my UV-82 on 146.5200. It's either that or the codeplug itself is faulty, but I have no way of knowing that for sure.

But anyways, I've messed around with it enough for now. I'm going to give it a rest and try again in a day or two when my mind is hopefully fresher.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I've offered to check your radio and code plug efforts. I've nearly always found "live help" is generally preferable to "web help," but maybe that's just me...
:unsure:

NWI_Scanner_Guy

I've offered to check your radio and code plug efforts. I've nearly always found "live help" is generally preferable to "web help," but maybe that's just me...
:unsure:

I did see your offer of help and I appreciate it, but I don't know exactly where you're located and since I don't drive, I would have no way of getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.