Indiana Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddoorman

Being rather new to Indiana I have a simple question to ask regarding rebanding in this state. Are the counties being rebanded in alphabetical order, by region, or just when ever they get around to it?

jamesa53

Being rather new to Indiana I have a simple question to ask regarding rebanding in this state. Are the counties being rebanded in alphabetical order, by region, or just when ever they get around to it?

It is random and there is no schedule that exists for it. Have heard various departments ordered to turn in their radios for rebanding in Vermillion and Parke but it has not happened yet. Somewhere in the Wiki is a document that shows what the new frequencies are going to be but at this time there is no rhyme or reason as to where and when it occurs.

GTO_04

Hamilton County has been attempting to reband their EDACS system since August and are nowhere close to being done. Apparently they are having trouble with their hardware.

GTO_04

DiGiTaLD

The IPSC site gives a pretty decent general explanation of things. First, all of the subscriber radios will have to be reprogrammed to facilitate both non-rebanded and rebanded operation. Then, the system infrastructure (site equipment) will have to be reprogrammed for the rebanded frequencies. Lastly, the radios will have to be reprogrammed again to remove the non-rebanded programming after the system is fully rebanded.

Lots of programming there.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Here in ILL on the Strcom700/800Digital system they changed each district separately, when finished they started conforming over to the rebanding daily....My city rebanded there analog system Motorola type11 as mentioned in the above post by installing the new freqys with the old then removing the old after the system was working...I had to add the new bandplans to my Uniden and GRE scanners...On the Starcom 9600 baud system you just change the freqys lower by 15mgz...But on the 3600baud city system the tables must be added to the scanner...The Indiana T-Digital system is digital and analog and would need new tables put in the scanner...If you have a 396T you need the latest firmware to get the rebanding menu to install the tables....On my Will Co ILL 6 channel Edacs system i just changed the freqys down 15mgz keeping them in LCN order, no tables are required on the EDACS rebanded system....It amounts to a pain in the a#$%....

GTO_04

Here in ILL on the Strcom700/800Digital system they changed each district separately, when finished they started conforming over to the rebanding daily....My city rebanded there analog system Motorola type11 as mentioned in the above post by installing the new freqys with the old then removing the old after the system was working...I had to add the new bandplans to my Uniden and GRE scanners...On the Starcom 9600 baud system you just change the freqys lower by 15mgz...But on the 3600baud city system the tables must be added to the scanner...The Indiana T-Digital system is digital and analog and would need new tables put in the scanner...If you have a 396T you need the latest firmware to get the rebanding menu to install the tables....On my Will Co ILL 6 channel Edacs system i just changed the freqys down 15mgz keeping them in LCN order, no tables are required on the EDACS rebanded system....It amounts to a pain in the a#$%....

In your experience, has reception improved on any of the systems after the rebanding? We have major interference and static on our EDACS system and I am hoping it will improve after the rebanding.

GTO_04

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
My system here EDACS -Will Co ,ILL did not suffer any problems from interference but maybe the county has better signals as they have not mentioned anything...It can only help your system i would think getting away from cell phone freqys....

DiGiTaLD

I have monitored Illinois' StarCom21 system while mobile, and IMHO it is far and away superior to SAFE-T when listening on a scanner (PSR-500). IIRC, it was even this way before they rebanded. I swear the PSR-500 does a better job with a P25 control channel than it does with a Motorola control channel. Now that StarCom21 is rebanded, mobile monitoring is outstanding, even with just an 800 rubber duck inside the car. If you get out into an area where you're a good ways away from the nearest site, it can get a little rough, but overall it blows SAFE-T away. Intermod from nearby cellular or iDEN networks is not near as much of a problem as it was before rebanding. Hopefully we'll see the same change with SAFE-T.

Status
Not open for further replies.