indiana red cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Mark, 47.420 is a national freq used all over the US for Red Cross.Indianapolis Area Red Cross does use this freq for there communications.There ERV's have 47.42 in there trucks.Next time you see one look for the low band antenna.Hope this answers your questions. Best Requards,Tim DeLong W9NES *Monitoring NW Metro Indianapolis/Marion County and Central Indiana.*

W9NES

47.420 is the national freq for Red Cross. Yes there are talkgroups on trunked systems but I have never heard them being used.Indianapolis Area chapter does not have a takgroup on MECA which is the trunked system for Police,Fire and EMS.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Tippecanoe County Chapter has a talkgroup on the Tippecanoe County Public Safety.

I'm also guessing FRS, MURS, and other itinerant frequencies may also be utilized.

On this same subject, what about Salvation Army responders? Is there a nationwide VHF/UHF set of frequencies they use in addition to the normal HF SATERN net frequencies?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You will probably not hear regular traffic on ARC talkgroups/frequencies. They are mostly used for disasters, training, and special events. 47.420 is used by deployed units arriving at a disaster location.

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
You will probably not hear regular traffic on ARC talkgroups/frequencies. They are mostly used for disasters, training, and special events. 47.420 is used by deployed units arriving at a disaster location.

Yes in some areas. Other areas use it for day to day ops.

Fire teams and blood vans.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I seem to have read somewhere awhile back that they now have a license to use 464.550mhz. But I'm not sure in which area(s) this would be used in.
I think I may have seen it on a list here in RR? A chapter which I used to be a member of years ago,still has old moto portables on 47.420 mhz. so who knows?
Anyone else have any ideas?
N9ZAS

Status
Not open for further replies.