Indiana State Fair Freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9GTJ

Anyone been to the state fair with their scanner? I do see some talk groups for the SAFE-T system which are analog. ;) Anything else worth a listen?

Last edited:

indyone

I have heard Fair traffic on District 52 Special Ops 2 I believe. At least that's what the troopers are using.

K9GTJ

garryd451 said:
I wonder if there wouuld be alot of scanner traffic at the Indiana State Fair during the week?

Up here in Northern Indiana, most area schools are back in session.

Is this true in other parts of the state?

We started back on Monday here.

GTO_04

Other than police operations, there are some analog talk groups used by state fairgrounds employees, mostly maintenance. They are used year-round but of course are busier now.

According to local news reports, thefts from cars parked in lots near the fairgrounds are rampant.

You will also hear IPD on MECA being active near the fairgrounds. Needless to say they are very busy!

I don't know the analog talk groups for the FG but they should be in the SAFE-T database.

GTO_04

K9GTJ

For future reference since the fair is all but over...

The state fair analog TG's were boring with a modest amount of traffic.

The fair train was even more boring to listen but it did have traffic on the freq. listed in the DB.

The FRS/GMRS was busy with consession people. I never heard a single family using those frequencies.

Overall, it was not really worth bringing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.