Indiana State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Was wondering if someone might be able to steer me in the right direction. I live in the Indianapolis area and have a Radio Shack PRO-433 scanner.

I want to listen to the Indiana State Police. In the database, when I go to Indiana State Police/Statewide, there are not too many frequencies shown. Do I use these, or do I use the frequencies shown by city/county shown under "Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T.

I have the Scan Cat Lite programing software, but have not used it yet. Is it a relatively easy procedure to enter these frequencies and download to my scanner? Is there anything else that I need to know?

ALSO: I want to monitor the City of Lawrence/Lawrence Twp. (Marion County), but can't find anything on that.

Any help on both of these questions would be much appreciated. I'm pretty new to all of this.

Thank you very much!

fire4456

well look under the safe-t weblink when you click on the state of Indiana. I can't vouch how much more traffic is on the 42/155 Mhz channels. Most of the trroper cars here in Indianapolis now have solely the safe-t trunking radios in them. As for your scanner I am not sure if it is digital capable but someone else can chime in on that. But in the near future the system that all of marion county uses will be digital. I am a active user of the meca system and we will be going digital soon. The analog system will be staying for the near future as a backup. This analog system covers all of marion county as well as the towns of Speedway, Lawrence, Beech Grove. The digital syatem will do the same.

SO LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING WHEN YOU CLICK ON MARION COUNTY:

MECA system 1 analog. scroll down and look for the talkgroups for what you want.

SAFE-T is the statewide communications system for the Indiana State Police.

You will want to look for the Indianapolis site on the tower listing for Indianapolis( marion county) Enter those frequencies and you should hear something provided the scanner is digital capable. if not you might hear limited traffic.

If you have anymore questions you may get a hold of me by PM or shoot a shout out and the great people on this site will help.

Good Luck

Todd

W9NES

Blue Thunder 1951,You will need a Digital scanner for Safe-t for Indiana State Police Dist 52 Indianapolis Post and the 42Mhz frequenices are no longer in use.155.370 Point-to Point and 155.475 ILEEN are still used.The City of Lawence and Lawerence are on MECA system 1 for Public Safety but for a short time as we are going to a Digital system so will will have to have a scanner like a Uniden 996T or a Uniden 396T handheld to hear the new system.If I can be of further assistance to you please feel free to pm me as always"My door is always Open" Best Requards,Tim DeLong Ham Radio Operator W9NES .

Viper43

The 433 won't be able to scan Lawrence PD, Lawrence will be going to the new MECA P25 digital system in the next 2 weeks so you will need a digital scanner such as the Uniden 396 or 996 or GRE PSR500 or 600 and you will be looking at around $500. Most of the area state police are also digital on the SAFET system as well.

V

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Viper43 said:
The 433 won't be able to scan Lawrence PD, Lawrence will be going to the new MECA P25 digital system in the next 2 weeks so you will need a digital scanner such as the Uniden 396 or 996 or GRE PSR500 or 600 and you will be looking at around $500. Most of the area state police are also digital on the SAFET system as well.

V

Pro-96 $300
Pro-2096 $350
Pro-2096 $350
Pro-96 $290
Pro-96 $285

Are just a few and all are very good scanners and will work with ISP/MECA. You don't need to spend 500 for a new one if you don't want to :wink:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the very helpful replies. When I got my first scanner, I didn't realize what all was going to be involved. I'm having much fun with it though!

Since I'm now "hooked" guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go digital.

Thanks again!

Viper43

There is still other things to monitor wirth the 433 so hold on to it, plenty of non-digital, pd, fire and so on, plus aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.