Indiana to get snow on Fri and Sat this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

According to the weather reports I have received from the TV stations and Accu Weather and Indianapolis Weather we are going to get snow starting on Fri and ending on Sat.Right now it looks like we could get anywhere from 3-6 inches in the Metro Indianapolis/Marion County area and most of central Indiana.Up in the Northern part of the state it looks like around 2 inches.Might be a good time to get the scanners ready for INDOT and city and county snow removal frequencies.One of the Weather forecasters in the Indianapolis area said that we would get enought snow so plan on cleaning out your diveway and sidewalks to your home.

Last edited:

W9NES

I have had a couple of reports that IDOH Indiana Dept of Highways has a couple of Tankers out on the Interstates putting down liquid material on the bridge decks as of Weds 2-3-2010 at 2:30PM.

bearcat991

Someone had to post that it was going to snow. Like what the rest of us don't watch/listen to the weather. And we got 11 inches over here not 2.

garryd451

Pokagon, Michigan, half way between Niles and Dowa
I have had a couple of reports that IDOH Indiana Dept of Highways has a couple of Tankers out on the Interstates putting down liquid material on the bridge decks as of Weds 2-3-2010 at 2:30PM.

The guys that work @ the Mi DOT garage up here in Niles, Mi, tell me they can only put this stuff on 24 hours ahead of the storm and have it work. Mi & In must use different kinds of chemicals.

GTO_04

The guys that work @ the Mi DOT garage up here in Niles, Mi, tell me they can only put this stuff on 24 hours ahead of the storm and have it work. Mi & In must use different kinds of chemicals.

That makes sense. If you put it on too early it will be erased by all the vehicular traffic. In my neighborhood the street spread that brine on about 8 hours before the storm.

GTO_04

Status
Not open for further replies.