Indiana University Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghawkman56

All,
I have been picking up IU police from a St. Joseph County Simulcast talk group, 868.68750. It appears that to dispatch police on the Indiana Universtiy South Bend campus, the call goes first to Bloomington and then is dispatched to regional campuses? Can anyone verify if this is correct?

Gary

W9NES

IU Police has a dispatch point at the IU South Bend Campus.They are using the Safe-t Tower site for St.Joseph County.The call is not going to Bloomington(Monroe County).

Viper43

Nothing in the DB for IU S Bend on SAFET or Mishawaka PS so you may have found something new. Try to write down the TGID if you hear them again. All IU campuses have their own dispatch. IU NW in the Gary area, IU SW and IU Bloomington do have SAFET TGID's so it wouldn't surprise me if they got some new radios for IU S Bend. It would give them the capability to use SAFET and Mishawaka and have interoperabilty with city and county units so you may find TGID's on both systems.

RR DB only shows the below for IU S Bend...

IU S Bend uses:
464.47500 RM 151.4 PL IU@SthBnd 1 South Bend IU at South Bend FM Schools
464.97500 RM 210.7 PL IU@SthBnd 2 South Bend IU at South Bend FM Schools

pickles37

For a couple of months, I've been picking up IU South Bend and IU East traffic on 53-IUP-OPS2 on the Bloomington tower. It appears police on these campuses are now being dispatched by IUPD in Bloomington. I am not sure where 911 calls are getting routed for those campuses.

dc2010

Most, if not all, of the regional IU campuses have a police department responsible for that campus.

The Bloomington campus is now dispatching calls for the IUSB and IUE campuses as davidwild stated. I believe that they are also dispatching calls for the IUSE (New Albany) campus or will be soon.

It was my understanding that 911 calls are being routed to the Bloomington campus. I also know that the Bloomington campus has hired additional dispatchers to handle the additional calls.

The university is restructuring all of the departments and I've been told they will eventually be wearing the same uniforms and driving the same types of cars. The centralized dispatch is just a small step towards that goal.

Hope this helps.

Viper43

Maybe IU has decided to cut back on staff, thats interesting though. I also wonder if they have added any new TGID's, be interesting to find out. Last time I was up there everything was still conventional and that wasn't too long ago.

Ghawkman56

All,
Thanks for all the great posts. Viper43, last night, in South Bend, I picked up IUSB PD on TGID 20928, which is Monroe Cty. In addtion, I caught some traiffic on CONV frequecny 464.975.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
OK, I labeled it IUP DISP 2. I also moved the talkgroups into their own new category since they are no longer specific to Monroe County. Thanks for the info guys :cool:

Viper43

All,
Thanks for all the great posts. Viper43, last night, in South Bend, I picked up IUSB PD on TGID 20928, which is Monroe Cty. In addtion, I caught some traiffic on CONV frequecny 464.975.

Interesting, especially since they are still using UHF too. I wonder if the UHF is the student security now?
Good catch though.

BTW, are you from Goshen?

W9NES

The IU Police Departments that are listed are dispatched on safe-t but in Metro Indianapolis/Marion County IUPUI Police Dept are dispatched on DPSC(Used to be called MECA) on talkgroup 10852. 10852 is listed as UIPD. University of Indianapolis Police are dispatched on DPSC on IMPD SE-1.

Last edited:

Viper43

No, have lived in SB for about twenty years.

Gary

ah, ok.... I used to live in Nappanee..... 30+ years ago.... I still get up there a few times a year, mostly to watch the "Black Crunch" on Friday nights, but I prefer when they come down this way and play at LOS the day after Thanksgiving :)

Status
Not open for further replies.