Indiana Wiki Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
All,

I am wanting to compile in each counties Wiki Police and Fire/EMS unit numbering, as well as any codes or signals used that aren't the standard IN list. Some counties already have this info in whole, some in part. I have been updating a few around me that I know of and am working on others in SE IN.

If you can help, please either update the Wiki, post in this thread, or you can PM me, and I or someone will update it if you don't feel comfortable using the Wiki.

I also ask everyone to please take a look at their county's page and see if the info regarding use of the SAFE-T system is correct. I'd like to update each county page with info on who in the county uses the system. Feel free to also post that info here and we will make the changes to the page.

If you can take the time and help it would greatly benefit everyone here and we would all be very grateful :)

Thanks!

jshaffer50

Premium Subscriber
I would help but so far, nothing new in Floyd and Harrison Counties that I know off, or at least I haven't found anything. Good Old Boys club here doesn't like change, but thanks for doing this, I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with.

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
I've been having this internal debate with myself while creating updates to the Allen County wiki page: do agency codes (10-codes, signal codes) go on the Wiki page for the actual Trunked Radio System or on the page for the county itself? Likewise, how about unit numbers?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Putting on my Lead Wiki Manager hat...If the codes are unique to the agencies using the TRS, then put them there. However, my guess is that everyone in the county, whether they are using the TRS or not, uses the same codes, so put them on the county article. The TRS article should have a link back to the county article.

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
Along with this effort, the Allen County and related wiki pages have been heavily overhauled. As our previous discussion indicates, Signals, Codes, Staging Levels, and Unit Number information has been transitioned to the actual county page; only information specific to Allen County's trunked radio system remains on the ACPS TRS wiki page.

Future projects for the AC wiki include: elaborating further on jurisdictions, providing some photos of various entities where they are mentioned in the wiki, and the general expansion and upkeep of the pages.

Thanks to the RR admins for initiating this effort. It's surprising just how much valuable information can be placed into the wiki when you review what things you've learned after so many hours on the scanner. Even if your county has a blank page at the moment, just start spilling your guts and it will come together pretty quickly.

shauno

Premium Subscriber
Lake County is working on a Fire Department numbering system similar to Porter and St. Joe County. I am trying to get all the numbering for the different agencies together...as soon as I do, I will get them posted in the wiki

scannerfreak

Database Admin
We still have quite a few Wiki's with no information at all, and quite a few with very little info.

Please guys, if you can, check the Wiki's for the Counties surrounding you and see if you can help. Again, we are looking for LE, Fire, and EMS unit numbers.

Please feel free to PM me the info if you don't know how or don't want to update the Wiki. I will be glad to do it :)

Thanks!

Update -

These are the Counties that have no or very little info. If you see one you can help with please let me know.

Benton
Blackford
Carroll
Cass
Clay
Crawford
Daviess
DeKalb
Elkhart (Very little)
Fayette
Floyd
Fountain (Have only tone out)