Indianapolis Airport Authority Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
I know Fire and Police are on the Department of Public Safety P25 trunked system.
Airport parking shuttles are on the Airport's LTR Passport system.

What about airport maintenance and snow removal personnel at the airport? Which system are they on?

A

Agentblack

I know Fire and Police are on the Department of Public Safety P25 trunked system.
Airport parking shuttles are on the Airport's LTR Passport system.

What about airport maintenance and snow removal personnel at the airport? Which system are they on?

If i remember correctly from both my visit to their new center, as well as several conversations with some of their staff over the last few months, this question is sorta of a mix.

If i remember correctly, and I'm sure someone's going to scream bloody murder that I'm wrong, however, if they are on any of the taxi ways, runways, or anywhere where the aircraft are, they are in contact with the tower ground ops.

If they are in the parking areas, surface roads outside of the airport, they are on the 800 system.

Again, don't quote me, however from my conversations with their staff has indicated this.

you might want to attempt listening to:

MECA system:

10752 2a00 D APD-DSP IAAPD Dispatch
10702 29ce D AFD-DSP IAAFD Dispatch

Indy air channels:
120.90000 BM IND Tower Tower AM Aircraft
123.95000 BM IND Tower Tower AM Aircraft
121.80000 BM IND Gnd Ctl Ground Control AM Aircraft
121.90000 BM IND Gnd Ctl Ground Control AM Aircraft

Again, this is my understanding (as odd as it sounds), but it should hopefully narrow it down for you.

Good luck.

W9NES

KD4YGG, Chris, Indianapolis Airport maintence and snow removal operations are on the old 453Mhz freqs that Airport Police and Fire were using before going to MECA.All 4 453Mhz freqs do have a repeater.All IAA cars,trucks, do have Airport gound radio in them so they can talk to the control tower while they are on the field. Chris Here are those frequencies 453.325, 453.475(Maintence, Snow Plow Operations) 453.575 Airport Talk around and used for contacting other airports that that belong to IAA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.