Indianapolis City Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
I will be travelling to Indy in the next few weeks. Have any changes been made to the IFD operations talkgroups that haven't been updated in the database? On recent trips, I have been able to monitor the dispatches, but traffic from units in the field is seemingly non-existent on the TG's listed in the database. Any pointers as to where they went? They're not on the P25 system yet, are they?

Thanks in advance !

Jim

Viper43

Funny, I don't have trouble hearing the units on the listed TG's, are you using the Ops channels? Thats where most of the units are.

V

bdub5

That one guy...
IFD TG's

In the database there are dispatch channels which you will only hear the dispatch. Then there is what they consider county fire (3280) for single engine runs or when they don't need an OPS channel.

If you monitor the following, you should hear all of IFD operations:
8016 MC-DSP MARION COUNTY FIRE - DISPATCH (ALL COUNTY DEPARTMENTS)
3216 IFD-DISP INDIANAPOLIS FIRE - DISPATCH Fire Dispatch
3280 IFD-FIRE INDIANAPOLIS FIRE - SINGLE APPARATUS INCIDENT
3312 IFD-OPS1 INDIANAPOLIS FIRE OPS 1 - BATTALION 11 NORTHWEST
3344 IFD-OPS2 INDIANAPOLIS FIRE OPS 2 - BATTALION 12 NORTHEAST
3376 IFD-OPS3 INDIANAPOLIS FIRE OPS 3 - BATTALION 13 SOUTHWEST
3408 IFD-OPS4 INDIANAPOLIS FIRE OPS 4 - BATTALION 14 SOUTHEAST

These talks groups should get you most of the IFD radio traffic while in town. You can always add other TG's from the database. Hope this helps.

Brent

Viper43

Without the OPS channels you'll miss most of it.... theres a bunch of them though.

V

FD_1226

You also might want to program the EMS tg. It all depends where in the city you are going to be.

W9NES

Being that these talkgroups were overlooked I would also program in the Township Fire Ops channels along with County Fire Dispatch 8016.You also left out The City of Lawence,Beech Grove, and Speedway.All of the three cities that I listed are within the Metro Indianapolis area but they all have Fire Departments as well !!!!!!!!!!!!

jerk

a1emt said:
I will be travelling to Indy in the next few weeks. Have any changes been made to the IFD operations talkgroups that haven't been updated in the database? On recent trips, I have been able to monitor the dispatches, but traffic from units in the field is seemingly non-existent on the TG's listed in the database. Any pointers as to where they went? They're not on the P25 system yet, are they?

Thanks in advance !

Jim
What type of Scanner. If a Uniden 396 (or 996), try the following attached file.
It is just for Fire Departments using MECA system.
AL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.