Indianapolis FD TG's Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
OK, on the IDPSC, on the IFD TG's,... Is IFD 3 an ATG, or Fire Buffs type TG? I hear at least dispatch repeated on it pretty much constantly. Trying to get all that straight in my data... Not sure what to label the IFD's...

W9NES

milf, IFD 3 is the same dispatch that goes out over the regular dispatch talkgroup 10202. IFD 3 is the station alerting audio. If you miss the dispatch you will hear it on IFD 3. If you are near any IFD stations in your area you will hear it with a very good signal. It is a great idea to program this talkgroup into your scanner. If you do not hear the run on 10202 you will hear the run on IFD 3. In the database it shows IFD 3. I would label it IFD 3 to keep it simple.

jknight8005

Premium Subscriber
milf, from what I have observed IFD-3 is used for multiple apparatus dispatches (structure fires, box alarms and tactical runs), their regular dispatch TG is used for single apparatus and medical runs. But I've heard multiple apparatus dispatched on both TG's before. The Fire Buffs monitor the radios and respond the RSU's on working fires and whenever requested by a Batt. Chief. I have also heard them dispatching a run on IFD-3 and their regular dispatch TG at the same time.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Kind of what I figured. TY Guys. I will put in my notes: 10202 is Countywide Fire/EMS Dispatch, FD-IFD 3 is IFD's Simulcast Dispatch. Considering the changes occurring statewide due to the "Consolidation" law, it will be interesting to see how they handle the Lawrence merger into IMPD over the next year, and how they do Speedway. Am I correct in assuming that Speedway can keep its own dispatch center if Lawrence merges in to IMPD? (The whole only 2 centers per county thing?) Or is Speedway going to merge into IMPD's dispatch like Beech Grove did?

jknight8005

Premium Subscriber
milf, you are right but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. My problem is I don't know anyone in Lawrence or Speedway anymore to find out anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.