Status
Not open for further replies.

bclark206

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a list of the tones used to alert each individual Indy FD? Looking at being able to set up to only hear certain stations.

Thanks!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
No longer exists. IDPSC no longer uses individual QC Tones. Its all automated through a digital data stream on the TRS now. You hear an audible alarm tone sequence for Station Alerting Testing at 0700/0800 but its the same set for all. You hear a pair of tones for every "tone out", but they are the same pair for all users as far as the audio goes. All other paged information is done over data pagers, or the MDT's/Laptops. The old fashioned Quick Call stuff is long gone here. And other than when the CAD system is having a fit, or goes down, or they are running Dispatch/Control training or special messaging, all aural dispatching is pure Locution Automated Digital Voice now.

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
The one that keeps being listed as disp 2? I always thought it was an dispatch alerting for admins or was fire buffs or the like. But was told it was Dispatch fallback for if the primary had issues ... I hear it sometimes but very rarely. For a while last year it and the primary, and DPSC calling were all patched. It's not in my codeplug.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Also none of the old "admin" TG's get used as far as I know, and none of them are in the codeplugs of any of the radios I have ever touched. I would love to get a copy of the newest codeplugs or cut sheets for both Marion County Fire-Rescue and Marion County Law Enforcement. Just to verify the line up in use, and get a better idea of how I want to reprogram my scanners. No interest in trying to "unencrypt" anything
Just want more accuracy.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Also always wondered how interop is done with ELFR as they as far as I know are exclusively on the MotoTRBO system, and IFEMS does not have any VHF in use any more. I guess if ELFR has the newest XPR's they might have the P25 conventional 700's or the 800's in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.