Indianapolis hamfest-July 12,2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Hello To All,I had a great time at the Indianaplis Hamfest yesterday(Saturday) seeing everyone including CHRIS a member of this fourm in the air conditioned building.I bought a lot of items and all my items work.I bought a Uniden Bc 100xl 16 channel handheld in excellent working condition from another ham radio operator that I have known for years and it works great.I have added this to my collection of scanners.I also bought a Diamond D-130J 25-1300Mhz base anteena for my needs brand new for $50.00 and I also bought a 900Mhz base antenna for 900Mhz for for $5.00 and I also a Grove enterprises tuneable notch filter in excelent working condition for $5.00.I have it now on my aricraft scanner and it has filtered out my local FM radio station on 107.9 from getting into my aircraft scanner.All in All it was a great hamfest other than the rain and others who got stuck in the mud after the rain.I think we all need to think about getting all of us who are Ham Radio Operators/non-hams who are members of RadioRefernce.com in the Indianapolis/Indiana area to get together and meet everyone.Maybe we could get Lindsey and others to come and meet us over lunch.Would anybody like to help me organize this for next year July 12,2009?This would be a first for The Indiana Crew with RadioReference.com.If anyone would like to help please send me a pm with your contact infomation and your telephone number.I also can be reached at my primnary e-mail e-mail address which is W9nes@Comcast.net Respectfully Submitted Timothy A. DeLong W9NES, Member of RadioReference.com Indianapolis/Marion County *Thank You For Your Time*

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I bought a Uniden Bc 100xl 16 channel handheld in excellent working condition from another ham radio operator that I have known for years and it works great.
Gee, I wonder if that's the Uniden BC100XL that was stolen from me about 25 years ago. ;) That was my first scanner. I used to listen to IPD on UHF and IFD, Speedway, and Marion Co Sheriff on VHF with that scanner. Lost it when my apartment was broken into and it was never recovered. The IPD officer who investigated the break-in was not happy when I told him the scanner had IPD channels programmed in it.

I think we all need to think about getting all of us who are Ham Radio Operators/non-hams who are members of RadioRefernce.com in the Indianapolis/Indiana area to get together and meet everyone.Maybe we could get Lindsey and others to come and meet us over lunch.Would anybody like to help me organize this for next year July 12,2009?
Interesting idea. Not sure we could convince Lindsay to make the trip since he just this year attended the Dayton Hamvention for the first time. Oh, assuming the Indianapolis Hamfest is on the second Saturday of July again next year, it'll be on the 11th, not the 12th.

K9GTJ

I attended as well but left while it was still raining so I didn't see any of the outdoor flea market.

I picked up some teflon insulators for making beam atennas plus some grounding braid. My two big purchases were a 24 hour MFJ clock and my Extra Class Study Guides.

I would be up for a lunch meeting too.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Tim - good to see you too. Hope our discussion on MECA helped out???

Kokomo1 - sorry I didn't see you this one.

As for the meeting, I think it's way overdue - best thing would be to just say it's this date/time/location and see who shows up.

Viper43

Hmmm, how about meeting at my house when it's time to put up the pole barn.......

Oh well, I had to try!!!!

LOL

Viper43

W9NES

I think it is a great idea.I think it would be great to see everybody show up and we all have the same intrest in two way communications and you would not have to be a ham to attend.We are all one big part of the RadioReference.com family even though some of us do not get along with others because of our views. KD4YGG and Viper 43 can I add you to the list to host this event???

Viper43

hehehe... I doubt they would want to come and put up a pole barn, and it would take more than a day, although it would be a good way to get a group together. I just doubt they'ed want to work.

I actually thought the other day about putting a message up here and on another forum to see if anyone would want to come and help out with putting the barn up and the 50' crankup tower next to it.

Viper43

N9WP

I didn't get to the hamfest this year but have gone in the past. Tim you can put me down as a possible for showing up to meet everyone sometime, I think that's an excellent idea.

We could help Viper with the pole barn and tower and then come over to my place to help me put up my tower that's been sitting on the ground for the last 2 years...HAHA Meeting at the hamfest next year or at a restuarant or something would be good though.

I've still got my 100XLT although I don't think I've turned it on in a couple years. I believe I paid more then 200 bucks for it new. That tuneable notch filter was also an excellent buy, I could use one of those just haven't found one for such a good bargain. Glad you had a good time there!!!!

W9NES

Thanks N9WP for the posting and I Will put you down on the list.Can we get others to assist u?.I will need pleanty of help and I cannot do it myself. Thanks for your offer.Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.