Indianapolis MECA Online Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9NEG

First, I've been away from RR for awhile. Starting a new company (ContainMed, Inc.) and working insane hours for the last couple years will do that to hobbies ;) I do love the amateur radio/scanning hobby; time to at least try to wedge in a little time for it again.

The more important issue to seemingly more than a few of you is the loss of the Indianapolis/Marion Co. (Indiana) feed I had maintained. Simply stated, the equipment used was on loan and the owner needed it back. No hard feelings there, as that was our understanding from the very beginning.

I have every intention of resuming the feed ASAP. I have a PSR-500 (HH) that I don't particularly want to give over to the feed permanently (can it do OK on a 100% duty cycle?) so I'm working to replace it. This could take some time. I've received at least one gracious offer from a member here to help make that happen, but I haven't decided what to do yet. I hesitate to accept donations, as I don't want any disappointment with how I conduct the feed (e.g. a donor's area of interest doesn't receive adequate attention). I do plan to separate fire, police, and medical agencies to make events easier to follow.

More later...

Last edited:

KC9NEG

Ha! Thanks, mods... didn't know we had audio admin subforum. Gotta spend a bit of time sniffing around here again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.