Indianapolis Metro officer dies in shootout with rifle-wielding man

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkthing

Event happened 2014-07-06 at 6am central time. Would be interesting to hear the scanner audio:

Officer Renn was shot and killed after responding to a ‘shots fired’ run in the area of 34th and Forest Manor Saturday night. He was the second officer to arrive on scene. Police say suspect Davis approached another officer on scene while being “obviously upset.” Davis refused to show his hands when ordered, and walked away from the scene towards an alley. When walking away, officers saw Davis was carrying an assault rifle, which led them to call for backup. Shortly after, officers heard several shots fired. When they reached they alley, both Davis and Renn were down. They say witnesses saw Davis fire shots at officers and officers return fire.

The above is an excerpt from this article.

Read a more detailed article here:

IMPD officer dies after shootout on northeast side | WISH-TV

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Event happened 2014-07-06 at 6am central time.
No, this happened around 9:30pm on July 5th. Both of your referenced articles say that.

BTW, all of Indiana, except for a few counties in the northwest and southwest corners of the state is in the Eastern Time Zone and observes Daylight Saving Time.

W9NES

I heard the call on IDPS on MET- NO 01 on Sat 4-5-14 at 9:20PM. 114 Police officers were on the scene of the police action shooting involving officer Renn.

jknight8005

Premium Subscriber
Sorry Tim, but this happened on Friday 4-4-14. IMPD was also using S1-T5 on Sat and sun because Indiana State troopers we're taking calls along with officers from other IMPDD districts on the Northside. They must of gave a lot of North District officers time off.

jknight8005

Premium Subscriber
Your right I'm wrong, the holiday set in confusion, I should have known I spent all day Sat thinking it was Sunday. Sorry..

Dispatch2323

Premium Subscriber
The Mass Shooting in Broad Ripple was Friday night in to Saturday. Hard to keep all the recent crime straight in this city.

W9NES

Dispatch 2323, 7 people were involved in the Broad Ripple Shooting on Sat 7-5-14 at 2:20AM, I heard the call go out on IDPS MET-NO 1 along with MET-INV 1 along with IFD Dispatch for Fire and EMS units that were dispatched to the scene. Ladder 31 was on of the responding units.

Status
Not open for further replies.