Indianapolis police not in Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog929

Premium Subscriber
I would like to create a favorite list for Indianapolis police but it's not listed in the sentinel software. I live in Shelbyville and I have programed favorite list for all the surrounding counties. But when I look up Marion county the channels are not listed. I'm using a Uniden BCD536HP. Any help would be appreciated.

phask

Premium Subscriber
It's there, trunked system under IN, Marion, County SYstem, Ind Public Safety - Highlighted below, Then Indy Metro Police - all the talkgrops will be on the right

You have 3 sites, 2 simulcast and 1 ea in Hamilton and Madison co

ind2.jpgind2.jpgind1.jpgind1.jpg

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
New Castle IDOC facility...??
Going away, being converted over to SAFE-T sub system just like the rest. Only in the FD/EMS sections will you still find analog long term in public safety. Business on the other hand.... LTR, a couple of legacy Motorola TRS, and conventional analog are here for a long while still. other than anything that is run by ERS-OCI that is... That is all going to DMR.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
It's there, trunked system under IN, Marion, County SYstem, Ind Public Safety - Highlighted below, Then Indy Metro Police - all the talkgrops will be on the right

You have 3 sites, 2 simulcast and 1 ea in Hamilton and Madison co

View attachment 106475View attachment 106475View attachment 106476View attachment 106476
All 4 TRS are simulcasts. Public Safety in Marion County is on System 1, but can use System 2 in a pinch. DPW etc is on System 2. Madison County is System 4. Hamilton County is System 3.

bdub5

That one guy...
Premium Subscriber
Going away, being converted over to SAFE-T sub system just like the rest. Only in the FD/EMS sections will you still find analog long term in public safety. Business on the other hand.... LTR, a couple of legacy Motorola TRS, and conventional analog are here for a long while still. other than anything that is run by ERS-OCI that is... That is all going to DMR.

I wouldn't assume this - I have a contact at DOC. The conversion has stalled with the vendor that runs the facility. There is no indication this will resume any time soon.

west-pac

I wouldn't assume this - I have a contact at DOC. The conversion has stalled with the vendor that runs the facility. There is no indication this will resume any time soon.

I agree. The analog license was just renewed 2 months ago, and it's still analog. If it was going to be converted it would've been 2 years ago when the rest were. Several other SAFE-T sites have came online in the past few years, including the 2 other 700Mhz sites in Henry county. The New Castle SAFE-T site is a mile-ish away from the IDOC facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.