Individual Channel Volume Offset for BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginky4

Can somebody explain the purpose of the Individual Channel Volume Offset on the BCD325P2?

When scanning a P25 Phase 1 system it seems that I have to turn up my volume for some TGID's but other ones come in too loud which results in me having to lower my volume.

Is this something that the Individual Channel Volume Offset can correct? If so, how do you go about doing this?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
That is exactly what it is designed to do. You either do it on the radio per channel (tedious) or edit the channels (talkgroups) in Sentinel. Each Talk group can be adjusted +3 to -3. You really have to keep track of what is loud and what is quiet. In my case almost every TG on the Evansville Simulcast system is LOUD, whereas on Indiana SafeT they are softer. So you could either put all the Simulcast TGs to -3 or on the other hand you could put all of SAFE T to +3. Since the Simulcast system is much smaller than the Statewide system I opted for the former. {Please NOTE if you edit this in Sentinel remember to write the scanner or it won't be changed on the scanner} I know sounds obvious but just sayin'!

Also note: with a +3 offset with the scanner at full CCW rotation of the Volume knob it will only go to Volume level 3 on that channel.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Doctordialtontone is incorrect, you can indeed adjust volume levels on individual talkgroups and frequencies.
Eaf1956 mentioned sentinel, 325P2 doesn't use that software.

Yes you definitely can adjust the volume on individual talkgroups and analog frequencies from a range of -3 to +3.
I do it on several around here. Dispatch for fire, police is lower volume so I bump those talkgroups by +1 which normalizes the volume levels.

You can do it in software, say freescan or in the radio interface itself.
When it stops on a problem talkgroup, press HOLD. Then press FUNC and then within 2 seconds press the 5 key(lvl/Level) repeatedly till it shows a desired volume offset, then after the 2 seconds just press SCAN!

ginky4

Good information guys. Doesn't make sense that some talk groups in my scan list have lower volumes and some of the other ones are booming loud.

I just now need to figure out which TGID's have the lower volume so I can make the adjustment.

I need to figure out in the Freescan Software where this volume adjustment can be done.

ginky4

Thanks Doc, I found it. All of mine are set to 0 right now. Now I need to figure out what TGID's have the lower volume.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Doctordialtontone is incorrect, you can indeed adjust volume levels on individual talkgroups and frequencies.
Eaf1956 mentioned sentinel, 325P2 doesn't use that software.

Yes you definitely can adjust the volume on individual talkgroups and analog frequencies from a range of -3 to +3.
I do it on several around here. Dispatch for fire, police is lower volume so I bump those talkgroups by +1 which normalizes the volume levels.

You can do it in software, say freescan or in the radio interface itself.
When it stops on a problem talkgroup, press HOLD. Then press FUNC and then within 2 seconds press the 5 key(lvl/Level) repeatedly till it shows a desired volume offset, then after the 2 seconds just press SCAN!

Well, I meant to say in whatever software you use to program your scanner. I guess I am just to use to Sentinel and it has become default.

marksmith

You can set this in the radio, on the fly, by just pressing ENTER key while the channel is actively receiving.

You will get a menu, scroll down to volume offset and crank it up or down.

Next time you have freescan running, you can upload from radio to freescan.

I think it is easier to do in this direction.

Mark
SDS100&200/536/436/WS1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Status
Not open for further replies.