Indoor Antenna's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikef1234

Premium Subscriber
I live in Toledo, Ohio and was wondering if anyone has experimented with indoor antennas? Right now I'm running a Bearcat XL-825xlt I believe the anolog trunk but Toledo went Digital. I mainly want tto listen to analog EMS and maybe digital trunking Police and Fire. Can anybody help out?

jackj

I live in Delta and use a BCD996T. I'm using a discone that is mounted on a tower but the antenna is not very tall. It's only about 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall without the top element and should fit in an attic with no problem. You don't need the top element, it's only used for frequencies below about 100 MHz.

You will need to get a new digital scanner. Toledo/Lucas county has shut down the old Motorola analog trunking system and reused the frequencies for a digital trunking system. Almost all of the EMS, police and fire departments are now on the Lucas county TRS. Fulton county is still on high-band analog but I keep hearing rumors that they will be switching over to the state-wide MARCS in the not-to-distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.