INDOT District & Sub overlap

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9LQV

Is the significant amount of county overlap between subs and even districts by design? Are certain counties indeed covered by multiple subs and/or districts?

Or is it possible that the county lists need refreshed in the database?

I was trying to draw up a reference map of the INDOT system, and the amount of overlap made it rather difficult to portray graphically.

While we're on the subject of INDOT, where are the dispatching center or centers located?

djbrane

Is the significant amount of county overlap between subs and even districts by design? Are certain counties indeed covered by multiple subs and/or districts?

Or is it possible that the county lists need refreshed in the database?

I was trying to draw up a reference map of the INDOT system, and the amount of overlap made it rather difficult to portray graphically.

While we're on the subject of INDOT, where are the dispatching center or centers located?

Check here for info:
https://entapps.indot.in.gov/dotmaps/districtmaps/

KC9LQV

Ahhhh, I see. Some counties are actually split, rather than having the districts and subs following county lines. That makes more sense now.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Also of note: INDOT Tipton Sub is using both the SAFE-T systems. From the Tipton/Hamilton line south, they are on the P25. From the Tipton/Hamilton line north, they are on the Legacy SmartZone. Anyone monitoring the P25 system in Phase 3 can hear them on the P25 TG. For those in phase 4/5 in the Tipton Sub area use the 5 TGs on the Smartzone.

Status
Not open for further replies.