Inductive Coupling And A Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

Your SDR has plenty of inductors, even $10 USB dongle types have them for crude band pass/hi-lo pass filtering, power supply decoupling, etc. I would consider it a universal statement unless you can actually find a receiver that operates without an inductor anywhere.
prcguy

What's your point, Ed? Everyone here knows what a balun is and what it is used for. I have a radio that doesn't use inductors, it's a Software Defined Radio or SDR. All solid state with IC's and stuff but no inductors so your statement about inductors being universally used in radios is wrong.

Jack

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Your SDR has plenty of inductors, even $10 USB dongle types have them for crude band pass/hi-lo pass filtering, power supply decoupling, etc. I would consider it a universal statement unless you can actually find a receiver that operates without an inductor anywhere.
prcguy

I've never seen a circuit diagram for a receiver where the antenna isn't connected to the radio via a transformer coil. Which works by inductance. And of course the antenna itself receives via induction. The electromagnetic field which is a radio wave causes currents to flow in the antenna via induction.

So to have a radio without inductors you'd need one that doesn't have an antenna.

nanZor

Wow, thanks for clearing that up.

I was pretty sure everyone KNOWS the op is talking about inductive coupling, and not individual componentry.

The criticism is unfounded. Getting down to this level means that one is spending WAAAY too much time at the keyboard, and not enough time listening.

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Wow, thanks for clearing that up.

I was pretty sure everyone KNOWS the op is talking about inductive coupling, and not individual componentry.

The criticism is unfounded. Getting down to this level means that one is spending WAAAY too much time at the keyboard, and not enough time listening.

Yet two people reading this thread misunderstood what you apparently meant.

And who are you to tell anyone other than yourself how much time they should spend listening?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
OK folks let's get this back on topic, or I'm locking this down. This is getting close to argumentative

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.