Indy 500 Live Video Online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

racin06

For those of you in the Indy TV blackout area goto: mms://media2.brturbo.com/bandsports.wmv for live video. The broadcast is in portuguese, but at least you have live video.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
It always used to be blacked out nationally to make sure people come or listen to the radio... Now it's just blacked out locally - many many sports do that (it's not the television's fault, it is the choice of the sport.)

Go-24

Yep, its always been blocked out in central indiana - they figure you live close enough that if you want to see it you should be buying a ticket.

They dont blackout the brickyard 400 and thats the race I prefer to see in person.

Go-24

Living in Central Indiana, I had to listen to it on the radio. Having not seen it I dont see how hornish jr made up 25-30 + car links in the final lap.

I heard Marco say in one post race interview, its just andretti bad luck - 2nd doesnt mean squat.

His dad had the first opportunity to block, but maybe he recalled what happened the last time a father tried to block for his son ...

racin06

Go-24 said:
Living in Central Indiana, I had to listen to it on the radio. Having not seen it I dont see how hornish jr made up 25-30 + car links in the final lap.

I heard Marco say in one post race interview, its just andretti bad luck - 2nd doesnt mean squat.

His dad had the first opportunity to block, but maybe he recalled what happened the last time a father tried to block for his son ...

Well, the IRL officials were watching for drivers who were blocking and handing out penalties. Just ask Scott Dixon and a couple of other drivers. Yes, Michael could have blocked Hornish; however, Michael chose to race clean and I commend him for being a good sport.

NightFox

I also commend him for his comments after the race. The Andretti's mentioned that they didn't know where he got the speed. Then a reporter asked 'Do you think that the race officials should inspect the Penske team?' The Andretti's responded back with 'No, they [Penske's] wouldn't cheat...' It was a geniune slap in the face for the reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.