indy car and brickyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron315

Be aware that if you're not at or very close to the track you won't here too much. They use low power systems that just cover the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

W9NES

I hear them when we have the Indy 500 or the Brickyard 400 with just a rubber duck antenna on a scanner from 79Th and Michigan Road in my backyard on the Northwest side of Indy since 2010. I also hear the PA for the Speedway ON 455.1375

Last edited:
450-451 and 455-456 are used for TV and radio STLs, studio transmitter links. BSI, broadcast sports intl, contracts with the IRL to provide wireless mics and cameras.

You will hear program audio, which is what TV or radio listeners hear, which is used so the pit announcers can hear the booth and each other to keep track of what is going on.

Some of these freqs have interrupt, which is where the producer talks to announcers to have them ask a question or give the announcer his queue to go to break or pass off to another announcer.

Camera PL, or program loop, is interfaced into the truck's intercom system so the pit camera operators hear the same thing as fixed cameras around the track.

When I did the radios for the teams most did not have repeaters so their range was pretty short, only 4 watts with an antenna about a foot off the ground.

ind224

500 air frequencies

125.275 control tower and fly over coordination
123.450 air to air chatter
123.050 helicopters downtown traffic
123.025 helicopters air to air
118.675 indy ATC
155.160 Lifeline helicopter and Methodist Hospital Control. (hopefully not needed.)

Unfortunately, I was not able to find the Black Diamonds air to air yesterday
or their ground coordinator during Saturdays flyover. I was searching AM /FM VHF 118-136 and Mil 225-400 both no joy. Their website is stuck in last year and did not even list this weekend on their schedule.
Happy listening it is a beautiful day for a motor car race!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.