Indy IFBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamx2

Does anyone know IFB freqs used in town? I just ran across 450.3875 sounds like fox59

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

fire4456

Are you inquiring about the Fire buffs that provide rehab to the greater Indy area or did taptalk mispell fbi?? If you are asking about the firebuffs then plain and simple for you. I work for Wayne and we have a couple of guys that do it on a consistent basis when we see them the only radios I have ever seen on them are the xts5000 handhelds. They are dispatched through MECA or whatever the corect term is now a days via a pager and they then respond in 3 different RSU units. RSU-1 RSU-2 RSU-3. They then mark their status using their radios and then also stay on the assigned ops channel the incident is on. They are a great asset to us for sure. Hope this helps out some for you.

W9NES

Your are correct bamx 2, 450.3875 is Fox 59 IFB. If you need others I can provide them to you as they have been confirmed by me.If you would like them please send me a pm and I will send them to you.Best Reguards,

IndyRick

Tim, why don't you share them here? WTFD, he's talking about Interrupted Feedback Broadast, used in getting audio (and perhaps video, although I'm not sure) from the field to the station.

W9NES

Thanks W9RXR for your post answering bamx 2's questions on IFB".The link you posted does show some of the *Active IFB'S in use but not all of them" I have put together a list of others that are not listed* Most of my IFB;S are in use during the Indy 500, Brickyard 400, events at LOS and Bankers Life Fieldhouse.I have just added more IFB'S that I have found from others who are in town covering the Super Bowl.Hope I answered your question bamx 2,***Allways helping others who need help when they ask***

W9NES

bamx 2, Those frequencies listed in the RR database are for Metro Indianapolis and Central Indiana coverage area only.I have frequencies that are not listed in the 450Mhz that I use when I need to hear IFB'S from the local area including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC. I also have IFB'S for ESPN (Which is owned by ABC) while all the NewsMedia is in town covering the Super Bowl.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
...The link you posted does show some of the *Active IFB'S in use but not all of them" I have put together a list of others that are not listed* Most of my IFB;S are in use during the Indy 500, Brickyard 400, events at LOS and Bankers Life Fieldhouse.I have just added more IFB'S that I have found from others who are in town covering the Super Bowl...***Allways helping others who need help when they ask***
So, if you have all this information, how about making submissions to the RR Database or edit the Marion County Wiki article? The way RR works is that information is put into the Database or Wiki so that people don't have to ask for information. It's just there waiting for them.

W9NES

Sorry, This is not my job to Edit the Marion County WIKI. I am not a moderator or a person the edits on a daily basis. Over 10 years of monitoring from the Northwest area of Metro Indaiapolis/Marion County I have heard a lot that I have confirmed on my scanners. From the Indy 500, Brickyard 400, and other sporting events including CBS Sports when they are broadcasting the Colts game to the nation by CBS from LOS.This is what this fourm is all about, People asking for help when they need it

jerk

Sorry, This is not my job to Edit the Marion County WIKI. I am not a moderator or a person the edits on a daily basis. Over 10 years of monitoring from the Northwest area of Metro Indaiapolis/Marion County I have heard a lot that I have confirmed on my scanners. From the Indy 500, Brickyard 400, and other sporting events including CBS Sports when they are broadcasting the Colts game to the nation by CBS from LOS.This is what this fourm is all about, People asking for help when they need it

Tim,
then mail them to moderator that asked, I'm sure he'll add them. Sometimes people ought to just ignore your requests for information... You either help people or you don't, but setting yourself as a power " user" with "special inside" knowledge when you aren't or don't have it, is wrong and not in the spirit of RR.

Bottom line either share it or shut up. IMHO

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Sorry, This is not my job to Edit the Marion County WIKI. I am not a moderator or a person the edits on a daily basis.
That is complete and total BS.

The RR Wiki is a user-supported resource. That means that the users provide the information and edit the articles themselves. The Wiki is specifically designed to be edited by the users.

If you have credible information, share it...with everybody. Submit to the Database admins or add it to the Wiki. Or send it me or KA3JJZ or Bezking (people who routinely edit the Wiki).But stop stroking your ego by spoon feeding your "inside info" to only the people who ask.

KidClerk

Feed Provider
Where is the 'LIKE' button????

That is complete and total BS.

The RR Wiki is a user-supported resource. That means that the users provide the information and edit the articles themselves. The Wiki is specifically designed to be edited by the users.

If you have credible information, share it...with everybody. Submit to the Database admins or add it to the Wiki. Or send it me or KA3JJZ or Bezking (people who routinely edit the Wiki).But stop stroking your ego by spoon feeding your "inside info" to only the people who ask.

ecps92

Typically you will find them in the 450-451 and 455-456 band, however [YMMV] depending on the size of the event, there will be special temp authorizations [STA] from the FCC to use the T-Band [Television] 470-512
spectrum. The traveling media do not typically have ONE channel assigned to them, but rather it is coordinated by the [SBE] Freq Coordinator and for this event [NFL] the host who needs to coordinate plenty. Don't be suprised to even find 406-420 [Armed Forces Radio, VOA etc] and some other odd freqs used, since spectrum space is going to be tight.

Noticed that once I got on the computer. Looks like there are more there than last time I checked (its been a while) is there a reference for national IFB freq's for the media in town?

W9NES

ecps92,Thanks for your post.Also there are active IFB'S in the 26, 153, and 900Mhz in the Metro Indianapolis area. These are not listed in the DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.