Info about Santa Cruz CA Port District

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
https://www.santacruzlafco.org/wp-c...re-Review_FINAL-VERSION_8-9-19_forWebsite.pdf

sphere of influence report from 2019 - approx 35 pages

they operate 2 patrol boats - State Parks now provide Lifeguards - have 6 fulltime people working on dredging ops - do water rescue work for the county - provide berth space for CA Air Natl Guard (???) - Harbor Patrol has 8 fulltime staff - also have a (Jet Ski) for in-harbor law enforcement work

[note - Coast Guard opens their station on weekends from Memorial Day to Labor Day in Santa Cruz]

RRDB just shows 155.145 for Santa Cruz Port District - (which technically might be totally separate from the City) - perhaps other channels are used by the Port District?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
https://www.santacruzlafco.org/wp-c...re-Review_FINAL-VERSION_8-9-19_forWebsite.pdf

sphere of influence report from 2019 - approx 35 pages

they operate 2 patrol boats - State Parks now provide Lifeguards - have 6 fulltime people working on dredging ops - do water rescue work for the county - provide berth space for CA Air Natl Guard (???) - Harbor Patrol has 8 fulltime staff - also have a (Jet Ski) for in-harbor law enforcement work

[note - Coast Guard opens their station on weekends from Memorial Day to Labor Day in Santa Cruz]

Likely a typo. I suspect they mean berth space for the USCG assets that are assigned there in the summer. I've never seen anything resembling any ANG assets there.

RRDB just shows 155.145 for Santa Cruz Port District - (which technically might be totally separate from the City) - perhaps other channels are used by the Port District?

155.415 simplex is their only dedicated channel for the Harbor.
The Coastal Incident Response Plan includes Channel 16 and 23B to interoperate with the USCG. Most all fire/law enforcement radios in the county have those loaded in.

An old programming template for their radios showed marine VHF channel 9, the "harbor" frequency, as well as VHF 16 and 22A. Although since then the CIRP changed from 22A to 23B.

Their old template also included Santa Cruz City PD, CLEMARS, Santa Cruz County Fire Red (primary dispatch channel) and CALCORD.

For the harbor operations, you'd hear them on the 155.145 channel.

If they were responding to an incident regarding rescue, etc. they'd switch to what ever channel was assigned to them by NetCom to interface with fire.
For USCG work, they'd use 23B, but I do know that the USCG helicopters do have CALCORD.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
- provide berth space for CA Air Natl Guard (???)

That also could be some confusion on their part. The dredge was run/owned (at least last time I looked) by the US Army Corps of Engineers. Could just be a typo.
Since the dredge always at out in the channel, they used a small boat to get crew to/from the dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.