Info needed for McDuffie Cty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gahunter33

McDuffie County appears to have added digital capability to their channel 1 frequency 155.055. Anyone have any idea if a standard digital scanner like the pro 96 can pick this up or am I gonna be out of luck? I currently own a pro95 and was trying my best not to buy a new digital scanner but now I may have to do that a little sooner than I had wanted IF they can pick this up. Thanks for any info.

rmiller818

McDuffie County appears to have added digital capability to their channel 1 frequency 155.055. Anyone have any idea if a standard digital scanner like the pro 96 can pick this up or am I gonna be out of luck? I currently own a pro95 and was trying my best not to buy a new digital scanner but now I may have to do that a little sooner than I had wanted IF they can pick this up. Thanks for any info.

If it is not encrypted then any digital capable scanner will do.

f4jmk

There using Kenwood's Nexedge digital radios, no scanner currently on the market that can monitor this.

Mark.

SCPD

QRT
I can confirm that McDuffie County S.O. is using NEXEDGE digital... I helped install one of the radios in the sheriffs car:) Currently they're dispatching in digital on S.O. channel two, 155.565mhz, and planned to be 100% digital on both S.O. channels sometime last week. The repeaters operate in mixed digital/analog mode so that surrounding jurisdictions have interoperability with them. All frequency assignments for repeater inputs/outputs and PL tones are the same except that channel two has changed to DPL 131 Inverted for the input.

If you want to listen to McDuffie County S.O. you'll need to spend mucho bucks for a new radio, software, cables, etc. The county's cost for one of the radios was about $700, not including the S/W and cables.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
NEXEDGE® technology offers inherent security against casual electronic eavesdropping via its NXDN® digital air interface. It also includes NXDN® voice & data scrambling for security against external threats while providing confidentiality within the same system and talk group. Inter-network links are further secured through encrypted VPN tunneling. Also NEXEDGE® multi-site network operators can automatically validate individual subscriber radio hardware by ESN (a unique factory-embedded Electronic Serial Number ) rather than changing the system's unit and group ID lists in the event a unit is lost, stolen, or removed permanently or temporarily from service.

nbarco

Premium Subscriber
The question I have, is whether a NXDN capable radio can monitor? Or is there authentication?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.