Info on Radio Astronomy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star_Grazer

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and new to the world of radio in general. As a long-time optical astronomy enthusiast I've recently become interested in the idea of radio astronomy. I was told to visit this site because of the possibility that many of you may be knowledgeable in the field of RA, and may be able to point me in the right direction. So speaking as somebody with no knowledge of radio technology or the finer workings of RA in particular, where would be a good place to start gathering some info? I'm looking for books, websites, etc, that will ease me into this field without swamping me with too much tech detail right at the very start. If this is a practical request, then your answers and assistance will be more than appreciated.
Thanks!

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Star Grazer, you might want to do a Google Search

for Radio Astronomy. SETI may have some info that could help you. I did some RA way back in the days (1970-1973) with some interesting hits. That being the BGN (back ground noise) and other such frequencies. There's more hits now with the advent of microwave devices being smaller and what not. Don't give up your search, it will be daunting. If I come across some of my old contacts, I'll give you a shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.