Info on Rusk County Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpjohn

Premium Subscriber
I have a cabin in Rusk County that I spend some time at. I have noticed for awhile that scanner traffic has been a lot less (not that there ever was alot) but I thought maybe they were using MDC's more.

I will be up there this weekend and will take a listen to the digital side of life and see what I hear. I know they are still using analog as I heard them dispatch a couple of calls last Saturday. And they were having trouble getting ahold of a deputy so they finally called his cell phone. Nothing was mentioned about digital.

I will report Sunday on what I heard...or didn't hear....

stormy182

Premium Subscriber
Rusk County Digital

I have Rusk County in my scanner and so far I have just heard analog traffic. No Digital yet

sjgostovich

Thx!

Thanks folks! If anything changes or anyone has further info, please advise. I was under the assumption that the "great northwood" digital conversion would be slow, but Barron and Washburn are already going with it (and it sounds like Pierce County is close to going).

sfd119

Well Washburn is doing it because the sheriff doesn't care about any other entities in the county. He's treating the channel as his private channel.

Barron is far from going online (see the other thread here), and I haven't heard anything about Pierce. I know Polk did it, but I've locked them out because they get really annoying, really fast.

1Partsman

in regard to Rusk, I have heard them using P25 quite often.....Barron has used it on occasion, but supposedly they have some kind of 'engineering' problem and are delaying full operation for now...and Washburn is on most of the time....find it interesting about the 801 NAC in Washburn County, because the State of Wisconsin's "Interoperability Code & ID Plan" call for a primary NAC of 60 and an alternate of 661-669....ego's come first I guess.....it is sure is interesting how many P25 systems are running in the "sticks above Highway 10"....lol

John

sfd119

Well, 801 is the unit id for the Sheriff. I thought it was kind of cutesy of him, but yes, they are not following anything. Doesn't surprise me as the sheriff doesn't really seem care.

box23

Well, 801 is the unit id for the Sheriff. I thought it was kind of cutesy of him, but yes, they are not following anything. Doesn't surprise me as the sheriff doesn't really seem care.

I also like how dispatch has a radio ID of 5. Just 5. No where close to the state plan.

woodtick2

Premium Subscriber
In regards to the Rusk County Digital; i heard a lot more digital testing going on this afternoon while in Ladysmith. Possibly getting ready to go all digital in very near future.

sjgostovich

Anyone have any new intel on Rusk Co's digital progress? I'll be up in Ladysmith for the week of the Northland Mardi Gras and will be doing alot of monitoring then, but if anyone has any news please feel free relay it. Thanks!

jpjohn

Premium Subscriber
Just was up to cabin....still haven't heard any traffic on Digital. All analog. They had a major 10-50 today (3 copters requested) today in the SW part of the county. Units were having some trouble communicating back to dispatch

Again....all analog as of today.

sjgostovich

Some Digital Traffic..

Greetings to all. I did plenty of monitoring of the Rusk Co main over the week. The Northland Mardi Gras was rained out Saturday- no fireworks for the first time that I can remember. Most of the traffic I monitored was analog; however I did intercept several transmissions on thier digital channel. It appeared they were using it as a car to car channel on several occassions. It sounded nice and clear from where I was monitoring. Please keep me updated with any new info! Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.