Info On Venders /programers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

Does anyone know were to take a scanner in to have it programed I got this bc296d and cannot figure out how to do nothing with it. I have read the book untill I'm blue in the face and I just cannot get it . I'm looking for a vendor in the columbia , camden , lugoff or lexington area of S.C THANKS----JASON

Last edited:

LarrySC

Its a snap with ARC250 software. I PGM the base 796d's on a regular basis. People trying to PGM by hand end up in the mental hospital. How bout you?? HaHa

lugoffman

LarrySC said:
Its a snap with ARC250 software. I PGM the base 796d's on a regular basis. People trying to PGM by hand end up in the mental hospital. How bout you?? HaHa
LarrySC said:
yes !!!!!! I'm getting ready to be sent to the state mental ward Lol !!!!! But I got the ARC250 software and it expired and I really dont know how to program it right and I just figured why buy the software when I really dont know how to use it. Well I know how to use it some what but the problem I'm having is finding out what type systems we have in my area and how to set it to that type of system I have been reading on the types of systems and man it is driving me nuts !!! how ever I did get the digital tgid to come in clear on the sound quality so I did somthing right lol !!! But all I want it to do is work on my local digital pl tones which I dont know what that is or how to program it and all my local digital tgid's , And I know there is nothing wrong with the radio its just me cause I dont understand how to use the system So if I bought the software which one do I get cause there is three different types listed on there also if I get the software larry will you help me with it as much as you can ??? ALSO if you respond and i dont answer for a while it's because I went to the mental ward Lol !!!! Just kidding.

lugoffman

LarrySC said:
Is the 796d the same thing as the 296d but just a base ???

LarrySC

Yes, the same. Just start with Motorola 800 type II. Enter closest controller freq and alt. Run in search mode and see what comes up. Write those down and cross ref w/ database. Go back and enter ID's you wish to monitor. Run in ID Scan mode. Conventional freqs have PL or DPL tones. Lots of freqs in database have those listed. Its a squelch lock. [simple answer]. Entering text may be hard without software. This story is simular to the guy who bought a motor home and wouldnt buy a road map. He dident get very far. Good Luck.

lugoffman

LarrySC said:
Yes, the same. Just start with Motorola 800 type II. Enter closest controller freq and alt. Run in search mode and see what comes up. Write those down and cross ref w/ database. Go back and enter ID's you wish to monitor. Run in ID Scan mode. Conventional freqs have PL or DPL tones. Lots of freqs in database have those listed. Its a squelch lock. [simple answer]. Entering text may be hard without software. This story is simular to the guy who bought a motor home and wouldnt buy a road map. He dident get very far. Good Luck.

Ok I guess I will break down and buy the program now here is the thing which one should I buy the basic or the pro also it says somthing about upgrades should I buy that also ??also lary when I get this will you help me with it the best you can ?

Status
Not open for further replies.