Not open for further replies.

Czifropa

Looking for suggestions,
Replacing my stock antenna on my ws1040. I need some info on a
Bnc
High Gain
Vhf (150's)
Rubber duck style
There's so many options on the net, i'm lost...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Looking for suggestions,
Replacing my stock antenna on my ws1040. I need some info on a
Bnc
High Gain
Vhf (150's)
Rubber duck style
There's so many options on the net, i'm lost...
Looking at your county, Missoula, in the database, it appears that other than a handful of Uhf frequencies, everything else in your county is Vhf-high. That's also the case with counties adjourning yours.

I would suggest an antenna like the RH77CA. That's a good antenna for Vhf & Uhf.

Personally, I prefer the RH789. That is a telescoping antenna, with markings printed on it to suggest how far out to extend the antenna for best reception. Also, the RH77CA is long, about 15", so that's easy to accidentally hit & tip the scanner over. The RH789 will collapse to a much shorter length, making it less of a 'target'.

Czifropa

So Diamond is a good antenna? Am looking for more of a rubber duck style.. I can be very hard on antennas.. Was hearing that laird and larsen are good also..
Yes. Vhf high is about it around here

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The 2m ham freqs are close enough to your target freqs that the antennas work well for reception. Comet and Diamond make some decent options, as does MFJ.

This model has done well for me, and is decently priced.

Czifropa

The 2m ham freqs are close enough to your target freqs that the antennas work well for reception. Comet and Diamond make some decent options, as does MFJ.

This model has done well for me, and is decently priced.
Is it the tall one in the pic, or are they the same, telescoping? Or 2 different antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.