Informal Poll: Favorite 396XT/996XT screen color

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Recently acquired a BCD396XT. Pretty good radio. It can do everything my 346XT can do, and then some. Definitely a keeper. Will probably quickly become my "go to" mobile scanner.

I especially like the multi color display. Favorite colors are White and Green. Least favorite is Blue. That blue just looks butt ugly.

Anyways, was wondering if y'all have a favorite and least favorite color for the display?

:)

Last edited:

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Poll: Favorite 396XT/996XT screen color

Recently acquired a BCD396XT. Pretty good radio. It can do everything my 346XT can do, and then some. Definitely a keeper. Will probably quickly become my "go to" mobile scanner.

I especially like the multi color display. Favorite colors are White and Green. Least favorite is Blue. That blue just looks butt ugly.

Anyways, was wondering if y'all have a favorite and least favorite color for the display?

:)

Cyan is my favorite on the BCD996XT. On the BCD396XT I use White. It is easier for me to see because I have it mounted in my vehicle. My least favorite is Red on both units. I can't see much from the display when I have used Red for alerts.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I'm partial to the green. It matches the illumination in my car and, other than white, is the only color I've found that doesn't make the screen illegible.

Haley

Green for me, white a close second. Kind of wish we had an orange like the 346. Mike

hfxChris

Database Admin
Depends on where I am.

In the car at night: red, back light usually dimmed.
At home plugged into AC: white and bright.

Yellow or cyan for alerts.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Green is probably my favorite. White or yellow are probably my second choices.

Blue is the absolute worst. You can not read anything on the screen.

Red is by far my favorite in very dark situations. Way less glare and it reminds me of my fathers dark room years ago when he developed his own photos. Guess red is the military's favorite night time color too.

D

DaveNF2G

I color code by service type, but I agree that red and blue are very hard to read. If the red was more like the orange color used on other radios it would work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.