Informative Feeds and Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.

skierp20

Premium Subscriber
Hi, guys. i want to try to word this right so as not to sound completely heartless/etc

I work in the public safety field (I'm an EMS Supervisor/Paramedic) and communications is definitely my thing. Is there any way that we can start a feed (maybe this one) that identifies Feeds and Archives that have major incidents that could be downloaded for information and/or education?

I thought of this yesterday in the wake of the Las Vegas Shootings. I found that the Hour or so from 7:56am - about 9am was very interesting to listen to and see how things developed and how the LVPD set it up and handled it. They did a phenomenal job by the way in a situation that could have been a bigger disaster.

Let me know what you all think, and if there are any Archives that you know of please let me know.

skierp20

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps you misunderstand.. I dont want to start a feed, I want a way to be notified of 'good' audio from major incidents that might be on the archives, including Date and Time.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I think what he means is, maintain a running thread on the forum that identifies "must listen to" archives of noteworthy calls, transmissions, etc. as a way to share them among the members here. He's not actually talking about starting a new audio feed.

richtidd

Database Admin
Hi, guys. i want to try to word this right so as not to sound completely heartless/etc

I work in the public safety field (I'm an EMS Supervisor/Paramedic) and communications is definitely my thing. Is there any way that we can start a feed (maybe this one) that identifies Feeds and Archives that have major incidents that could be downloaded for information and/or education?

I thought of this yesterday in the wake of the Las Vegas Shootings. I found that the Hour or so from 7:56am - about 9am was very interesting to listen to and see how things developed and how the LVPD set it up and handled it. They did a phenomenal job by the way in a situation that could have been a bigger disaster.

Let me know what you all think, and if there are any Archives that you know of please let me know.

We have the forum section:
Regional Radio Discussion Forums - The RadioReference.com Forums
Where Incidents and Breaking News events are posted under the state with other matters for a state.

We have no thread just for Incidents and Breaking News.

Status
Not open for further replies.