Infraction ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8OSP

I have searched but I cant find anything. Where is the "rule" on Forum infractions? How many is allowed? Do they ever get removed? How are they determined ?

hagas

I thought this was a joke until I saw there is actually a Wiki page for infraction points. Perhaps not the most adult method of dealing with issues, but YMMV.

Scott

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I thought this was a joke until I saw there is actually a Wiki page for infraction points. Perhaps not the most adult method of dealing with issues, but YMMV.
I'm curious what your suggestion would be for a forum as large, as busy and with such varied personalities as are seen on here would be. Only until you see it from our perspective can you understand why it's done the way it is. But I would still be curious to hear what you have to say.

The reality is they provide a track record for member accounts. There's no need to search through emails or PM's for when you last dealt with that member. We also use it to ban people when they accumulate enough points. That way no one can be accused of being favorably banned over another.

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
So if you don't see an infractions tab on your user profile does that mean you haven't had any? Or am I just not looking in the right place? I don't think I have any, but...hahaha

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
So if you don't see an infractions tab on your user profile does that mean you haven't had any? Or am I just not looking in the right place? I don't think I have any, but...hahaha

I'm so glad you asked this question. I looked too and couldn't find any. It would break my heart if I had any. This site means so much to me. :)

MeddleMan

I can't imagine...

...how I'd feel if I accrued infractions after paying for an upgrade. This is like gaining points on your CSA score on your CMV license, after paying for education, citations and court fees, not to mention a good lawyer. Good way to track the mischievous meddlers. ;-)

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...how I'd feel if I accrued infractions after paying for an upgrade. This is like gaining points on your CSA score on your CMV license, after paying for education, citations and court fees, not to mention a good lawyer. Good way to track the mischievous meddlers. ;-)
The points expire, just like traffic citations. So they essentially become a reference for us when dealing with a member if they garner our attention again. And warnings don't carry any points but serve more of an official notice and event marker. The points can be a double-edged sword since they can expire causing the count never to make it to banned status (making members wonder why some problem children are still here).

Big forum; gotta be systematic about some things. It's not meant to be impersonal or ruthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.