Ingham Co EDACS - Area Hospitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceranes

Does anyone know if the medics will be using the three medical talkgroups for the hospitals in Lansing anytime soon?

CRanes

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
My guess would have to be, not until the system is up and fully operating. This may take a several weeks, but eventually they will become active. The question is how soon?

73's

Ron

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Mid-July is still the latest completion date, I don't think they would change over until all medic units in the county are on it.

ceranes

Ok, I'll sit tight and be patient! Thanks for the replies.

Chris

johnvassel

The Medcomm channels are actually licensed to TCEMCA, and I suspect until such a time that the hospitals only have one radio to use, they'll stay non-edacs UHF.
The EDACS rigs can easily be programmed for the existing medcomm channels, and hospitals arent fond of adding more radios to the mess.
Ingham is the only county of the 3 tri-county agencies using EDACS. The hospitals didnt convert to 800 when Clinton Co did.

John

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
They all got talkgroups on MPSCS, but I'm not sure if that led to anything other than throwing a Motorola W7 into the closet of somebody's back office (if even that!)

johnvassel

I think the intent is to have the hospitals on EDACS, but until everyone is on the same page, I wouldnt expect to see a radio in the hospital for it. The ambulances wish to talk to the hospitals, they'll use what the hospitals have..lol

John

Status
Not open for further replies.