Ingham Co. Hospitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceranes

Does anyone know the status of the equipment installations for the Lansing hospitals using the new Ingham Co. system? I heard techs saying the Ingham Medical equipment was ready and that the out-county medics could use it. Haven't heard any activity on their sense.

ceranes

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
In hearing it used by LFD just now - it appears nobody considered that medic reports are longer than the normal transmissions... The unit just about got timed out as he was finishing a basic run - if it was something more complex he would have been cut off.

ceranes

Well I finally heard my first transmission on the Ingham Med channel. All they need to do is lengthen the time-out timer and they'll be all set. When will Sparrow be online?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I doubt they can increase the length of that timer, that's probably a system thing.

Fiveo

Premium Subscriber
I don't see the timer being much of an issue. When they hear the beeps, they can drop the transmission and then re-key the mike and continue. MPSCS has the same thing, you cannot talk for an unlimited period of time.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Right, but MPSCS and non-med transmissions rarely need to be as long as med reports. Not a big deal.

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
mostly if you listen to MED COM Channels in conventional, you'll hear the same thing; a time-out timer. its nothing new.
When ever the tech gets to Sparrow Hospital this year, it will be done. He plans on getting it installed very soon.

Gadgetmann

Premium Subscriber
Just curious...."the tech"? which tech? who is that?

scannerman5000 said:
mostly if you listen to MED COM Channels in conventional, you'll hear the same thing; a time-out timer. its nothing new.
When ever the tech gets to Sparrow Hospital this year, it will be done. He plans on getting it installed very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.