Ingham Co rebroadcasting on 33MPSC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
I think Ingham County was on MPSCS several years ago and left it for their own EDACS system.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
You guys may be missing the point. The OP said that Ingham County was rebroadcasting *JACKSON* Co Main Dispatch.

The only reason I can think of for them to do that is some type of cross-jurisdictional incident involving both Jackson & Ingham County units; a chase, K-9 track, or some other incident at or close to the county line.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
I did consider that but only addressed the possibility of Ingham County joining MPSCS.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
It's also very normal for counties to have their vhf police dispatch to be also on Mpscs. This so msp they can transmit and receive the county radio traffic. That's the case of many on the p25 database and was also the case near me for Midland Bay Saginaw counties prior to then going P25. When they went digital those msp patched talk groups became the county police dispatch.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Ingham county

I think Ingham County was on MPSCS several years ago and left it for their own EDACS system.

Ingham county was never on the MPSCS system. Lansing Fire was on MPSCS and didn't like the coverage in buildings so they joined the EDACS system.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Ingham county was never on the MPSCS system. Lansing Fire was on MPSCS and didn't like the coverage in buildings so they joined the EDACS system.

Thanks D780. I remember LFD being on it but didn't know about the rest of the County not being on it.

There must have been some sort of cross jurisdictional operation taking place as drdispatch mentioned for the patch.

i5adam8

At SAESA we've already begun adding Motorola 800 radios to the department mainly to be used fot mutual aid EMS runs at this time but there has been talk at the county level of a future switch to the MPSCS system. Not sure on specific details though.

Status
Not open for further replies.