Ingham County EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

n211cr

Does East Lansing Fire, or Meridian Fire ever switch over to a Fire tac channel and if so which TGID? I am assuming not based on the other departments traffic on the talkgroups listed. I have recently purchased a BCT-15 that I am loving, just trying to figure out the best way of programming the TG's I want into the groups I want. Also has anyone else noticed a talkgroup in the 700's obviously decimal, I believe 721 that I think EL Fire sends out on? I was doing 10 things at once so I am not postive on the 721 dec TG but I am 95% sure it was in the 700's.

Roz

East Lansing Fire and Meridian Fire utilize the EMM TAC channels as needed for fireground. Those EMM TAC channels are common between East Lansing PD, MSU PD, Meridian PD, East Lansing FD, and Meridian FD. The decimal in the 700's that you are hearing during tone outs is a temporary patch between MELF MAIN and either EL MSU P or MEP MAIN since they simulcast most of the fire runs on the main police channel of the jurisdiction involved.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
If you program them in AFS format (xx-xxx) you'll see a much more noticable pattern to the talkgroups...

gg750

is TG 705 a permanent patch to somewhere or a new TG? I'm hearing a lot of PD traffic from somewhere (taking complaints, traffics stops, etc.).

G

rdale

Premium Subscriber
What is the "regular" talkgroup(s) you are hearing it on?

Fiveo

What identifiers are you hearing? ie 2Adam41, 9Adam62, etc.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
What is that in AFS format? I'll look through my list.

- Rob

PS Why do people use the decimal when the groups are set up in xx-yyy? Just curious...

n211cr

I find the difference in agency number to be helpful for identifing when its fire or not, but there is a wide mix in the 02's. From Lansing Dispatch to MSU car to car, I just found it easier to quickly remember who was what talkgroup in the 3 digit decimal format for the few that I needed to know. Now that I use the bct15 over a pro-94, I no longer have that problem. I realize breaking it down to the fleet number, I believe thats the next, shows some more information but then I am up to 4 numbers, and I still only virtually know which deptartment it came from. On the fly knowing the main 4 or 5 talkgroups that I needed to know was easier in decimal.

Its probably pretty stupid reasoning if I was listening more to the entire system where it would be tough to know them all regardless.

ncarpenter

Premium Subscriber
You could always make a really small font cheat sheet to tape to the back of your scanner with the dec no's and brief description.

305 EL MSU P
306 EMM MAIN
307 EL CAR

I don't know if that would help, I've always had a scanner that has an alpha-numeric display, keeps the guess work out!

Go Green, Go White!

gg750

I have no idea if it's AFS or decimal, buit I'm guessing decimal. My Pro-96 pics up several TGs in the 700 range, but 705 comes up the most often (I have most of the Lansing, E. Lansing stuff entered and text tagged, but the bank is still in "open mode", so it pics up everthing). I heard xADAMxx and 8xx on this TG. Sounds like LE traffic to me. I'll try to listen for some locations. It's been active the whole time I've been in Lansing (since Friday afternoon). Sorry I didn't have more support info to go along with the first Q.

G

gg750

Recent traffic on TG# 705:

8Adam82 ( I think) was taking 2 complaints, one on Church and Race, the other on Main St.

13Adam2 at Stockbridge shell station.

hopes this helps.

G

rdale

Premium Subscriber
As I understand the Pro96 is unable to get some of the patched talkgroups on their regular broadcast talkgroup, so that's probably the patch to MPSCS of Ingham Main. Do you get the sheriff on their regular talkgroup?

gg750

No, actually, that was my next question. The only sheriff TG I've picked up all weekend was their tac, TG# 290. Could that be what I'm hearing? I also heard a 5Tom6 unit and a 5Adamxx unit.

I put my 96 into

Last edited:

ncarpenter

Premium Subscriber
LOL, gg you're in Lansing this weekend too? So am I! See ya in Traverse this week I guess!

Anyways, I'm also hearing a lot of traffic on TG 705, but the only Ingham SD traffic I get is on a Tac channel. I also get other stuff on 7xx tgs, can't really remember which ones. (Using a Pro-2096).

gg750

ncarpenter said:
LOL, gg you're in Lansing this weekend too? So am I! See ya in Traverse this week I guess!

Anyways, I'm also hearing a lot of traffic on TG 705, but the only Ingham SD traffic I get is on a Tac channel. I also get other stuff on 7xx tgs, can't really remember which ones. (Using a Pro-2096).

I sent you a PM.

G

rdale

Premium Subscriber
So that confirms an issue with the Pro96 - when EDACS groups are patched, you can only hear them on the "patch" talkgroup and not the regular one. The Uniden line doesn't have that bug, which is an advantage if you only want to hear when they patch.

scannerman5000

Premium Subscriber
just a half hour ago, I heard the talkgroup 10-071 (1337 DEC). couldn't tell what they were saying, and havent heard anymore.

Im thinking its Capital City Airport Admin, but I didnt see it listed, and its supposed to be on the system according to Lansing 911.

anybody else know what this talkgroup is?

Status
Not open for further replies.