Ingleside On the Bay freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croaker90

Does anybody know the freqs. for Ingleside On the Bay? Not Ingleside, but Ingleside On the Bay Vol. Fire.

(If you know the Ingleside freqs, please tell me)

Thanks, Croaker.

I think they said they use 800 Mz (what ever that is, is it freqs. in the 800's?)

Croaker90

Oh, ok thanks. Well Ingleside is digital (and Ingleside is like 5 miles from IOB, and IOB has a smaller population.) Think IOB is linked into Inglesides Digital system somehow?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Croaker90 said:
Oh, ok thanks. Well Ingleside is digital (and Ingleside is like 5 miles from IOB, and IOB has a smaller population.) Think IOB is linked into Inglesides Digital system somehow?
Okay....
I am not sure what that has to do with your original post. You wanted information on the Ingleside On-The-Bay FD; the license WPKC432 is issued to IOB FD. But since it is not in the DB, if you can verify its use, please submit the information.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Croaker90 said:

To add onto what Loumagg has just said, think about this a little bit. It only takes a smidgen of common sense to figure this out. The license he showed you, WPKC432 shows a simplex base station using the frequency 154.160 with up to 100 watts of power. This is a good starting point. Nobody can help you out that is not within listening range of Ingleside-on-the-Bay, as most of are not. Plug 154.160 into your scanner, wait, and when you happen to hear a page, listen to the address being dispatched, locate a map, and VOILA! You have your frequency. Now if you hear nothing on this frequency, go ahead and scan the San Patricio County system (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3285) and hope you hear something that is not AEGIS digital relating to fire or medical traffic around the IOTB VFD's territory. Please submit anything you confirm to the san patricio county page. Good luck, and keep your ears open for anything else in that area. There are still a lot of unconfirmed frequencies licensed down in the coastal bend area.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Damn...

Damn rattler- if he's questioing if 800MHz is a frequency range then don't pounce on him for not being able to figure this out- loumaag was doin' just fine- your comment helped sans the first two sentences.

Croaker90

rattlerbb01 said:
To add onto what Loumagg has just said, think about this a little bit. It only takes a smidgen of common sense to figure this out. The license he showed you, WPKC432 shows a simplex base station using the frequency 154.160 with up to 100 watts of power. This is a good starting point. Nobody can help you out that is not within listening range of Ingleside-on-the-Bay, as most of are not. Plug 154.160 into your scanner, wait, and when you happen to hear a page, listen to the address being dispatched, locate a map, and VOILA! You have your frequency. Now if you hear nothing on this frequency, go ahead and scan the San Patricio County system (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3285) and hope you hear something that is not AEGIS digital relating to fire or medical traffic around the IOTB VFD's territory. Please submit anything you confirm to the san patricio county page. Good luck, and keep your ears open for anything else in that area. There are still a lot of unconfirmed frequencies licensed down in the coastal bend area.

They are all digital except the Jail Ops, and DPS Unit to Unit and All Agency

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
texasemt13 said:
Damn rattler- if he's questioing if 800MHz is a frequency range then don't pounce on him for not being able to figure this out- loumaag was doin' just fine- your comment helped sans the first two sentences.

I really wasn't trying to be harsh, just more like the quick talking salesman. OK, so I could have done without the common sense line. We all go overboard sometimes. Hopefully, croaker looked past that to the stuff that matters.

SCPD

QRT
Not everything is digital in this state. a simplex fire frequency is less likely to be digital (However can be digital - just less likely) Fire simplex are often sharred by multipul agencies. And always a good place to listen for activity from local authorities. I have alse heard simplex frequencies being used digitally through a patch, the frequency was analog but the patch was digital (Analog to Digital aka cross mode vehicular repeater) a less expensive option for Broke fire agencies to access Digital Sheriff Dispatches. One would be supprised to see What is actually Digital and what is not.

When I am stumpped on a frequency I do what Lou suggested, I tear apart the DB options and often find myself lost in the FCC Gen-Menu database, I listen to the frequency for a couple of days - weeks even, and will sometimes "Cold tail" a incident scene and search for activity. If no results yeild, Then I'll come in here and ask "what gives?" and generally LouMag, Russell or Rattler will have a cure for the remedy and life goes on! On occassion I'll actually log it as "New" and submit it to the DB.

Rattler's Bark aint all that bad, Heck I might let rattler sell me something. Tom is slightly more vicious but again a Great salesmen. Lou, well Lou is just Lou, and a Admin so we can't be talking bout em too bad ....

Have a great Morning Folks!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Just an added note on the digital/analog point. Based on the current problems various fire departments report and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) acknowledgement of a problem, I would have to guess that a lot of FD's are avoiding the use of digital radios (or switching back to analog) until such problems can be solved.

SCPD

QRT
loumaag said:
Just an added note on the digital/analog point. Based on the current problems various fire departments report and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) acknowledgement of a problem, I would have to guess that a lot of FD's are avoiding the use of digital radios (or switching back to analog) until such problems can be solved.

And not to mention the OUTRAGOUS cost of a single digital radio AND considering 70% of Texas Fire Departments are Volunter and seriously LACK the money to buy Digital radio let alone Bunker gear and new hoses.

Status
Not open for further replies.