Initial Operation When Turning On ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Have a BCD 436.

a. When I turn it on, it starts scanning immediately, apparently one of my FAV lists.
Is this normal ?

Shouldn't it simply wait quietly for a QK to be pressed, or some command to look at or scan something ?

b. And, if I want to simply enter a single frequency:

What's the best way, assuming it is presently scanning a FAV List.
How do I tell it to stop scanning the FAV, and allow me to enter the single freq. ?

Thanks,
B.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Yes. It will resume scanning whatever was being scanned when you shut the unit down, with the caveat that any temporary Avoids are cleared by a reboot.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Direct Frequency/ID Entry:
Press Channel to hold on any Channel.
Enter the Frequency/ID and press Channel.
Press Func then System to exit.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
a. Normal behavior. Scanner will resume whatever it was doing when you turned it off. If you were scanning, it will scan. If you were holding on something, it will continue holding on that something.

b. Above is correct, as long as the scanner is monitoring the system to which the frequency or talkgroup ID is associated. (What you are doing is entering a new channel to that system.)

Another means, though a little "user memory intensive" is to use Number Tags, which is described in the manual. This allows you to jump to a specific channel, regardless of what system you are monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.