inland/ zone 8 dispatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
One of you experts please settle this.
1- All the the former "Zone 8" dept are now San Diego county Fire Authority, yes or no?
2- all dispatching of those units is now handled by CalFire
3-Inland Fire{Heartland} is not dispatching anyone except Lakeside, El Cajon, Alpine, and Santee

Thanks

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
One of you experts please settle this.
1- All the the former "Zone 8" dept are now San Diego county Fire Authority, yes or no?
2- all dispatching of those units is now handled by CalFire
3-Inland Fire{Heartland} is not dispatching anyone except Lakeside, El Cajon, Alpine, and Santee

Thanks

1. As far as I know, correct.
2. Correct.
3. There is no longer an "Inland Fire." Heartland dispatches Lakeside, San Miguel, Heartland (El Cajon / La Mesa / Lemon Grove), Coronado, Imperial Beach, National City, Alpine ... (I know I'm missing someone here).

disp10

Premium Subscriber
Of the former "Zone 8" agencies, Heartland still dispatches for Julian-Cuyamaca, Mount Laguna, Shelter Valley, and San Pasqual. Those four agencies comprise the current "Zone 8". Calfire is dispatching the rest.

Of those four Zone-8 agencies, Shelter Valley is the only current member of the San Diego County Fire Authority. Mount Laguna and San Pasqual are due to become members on June 30th.

Why Calfire doesn't dispatch all the remaining Zone 8 agencies is a matter of politics.

disp10

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Calfire took over dispatching the remaining Zone-8 agencies today. Only exception seems to be San Pasqual, who is now dispatched by San Diego City.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Calfire took over dispatching the remaining Zone-8 agencies today. Only exception seems to be San Pasqual, who is now dispatched by San Diego City.

There is no more Zone 8 (or 7, or 6, or 5).

North, East, Central and Metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.