Inmarsat Reception - Patch Antenna and Line of Sight

Status
Not open for further replies.

morfis

Does anyone have any experience in ScytaleC and the Quick UI interface? I am using SDR Sharp and a and a NooElec NESDR Smart tee and a SAWBird iO +. I did the update to SDR Sharp for the ScytaleC and downloaded the Quick UI, but how does it interface? Does it go in the SDR Sharp directory?

scytalec plugin files to sdrsharp directory
quickui files to their own directory.
Run sharp, enable the plugin, tune and then open quickui.
set whatever options you want (initially just stick to deafults if you are unsure) and then click on the 'play' button to actually start the UI decoding

strandbiker1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to everyone! yes I have spent hours reading and watching vids. I understood and was able to update scytalec plugin files to sdrsharp directory and the magic eye single line addon to magic eye plugin. I d/l quickui files to their own directory. I ran SDR Sharp and remote logged in Paul's site. I clicked on what I thought was the C channel and got a lock on the scytalec plugin I saw the numbers go up. I could not figure out to activate the quickui option. Does this make sense?

yes I red the Bit bucket install.

strandbiker1

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I got the UI working and the decoding. Thank you for the help. I have JAERO but am unable to get the three green lights to light up except the volume. Any ideas?

morfis

Correct mode? Definitely a classic aero channel? Correct settings in JAERO? What does the phase constelllation display look like?
Start with 600bps channels as they are the easiest to decode.

Display should look something like this:

Clipboard01.jpg

Note that the EbN0 figure is so good I don't need to have the volume high enough to light that indicator. As the signal gets worse the phase diagram will be more spread in each of the four segments and the waveform peak will be less defined. Decoding seems to work ok down to about EbN0 5 on some channels but is more reliable above EbN010

morfis

OKay thanks! I will try today! I can easily get a decode using ScytaleC UI and their two horizontal dots.

Two horizontal dots? You should be seeing four dots or constellations as per my screenshot. If there are only two then it's not going to be one of the signals supported by JAERO.

Status
Not open for further replies.