Innisbrook Golf Tournament Tarpon Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger0034

Does anybody know where to find the Innisbrook Golf Tournament operations ?
Their own trunked system seems quite inadequate to handle a full tournament with only one channel.
I'm guessing they might contract out to another trunked system for the week ?
I vaguely remember from last year hearing some operations of the tournament on the Pinellas County system, but I believe that was on the Sheriff's channels, traffic duties etc..
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Someone I know that lives there told me that day to day operations moved to Mototrbo. Can't confirm myself.

It is likely that other entities coming in for the tournament will be using local radio shop rentals or nationwide itinerant frequencies.

Ranger0034

Thanks Ryan, I have tuned in the listed LTR system for Innisbrook, and not a peep out of them. So what you said is most likely true. I only have ProVoice on my 436, no DMR yet, so I cant confirm it either.
Maybe this coming weekend I'll venture over to see if I can pick up any itinerants in use. Thanks for your response !
Paul

ecps92

Many of the Tours will come into town with their own system, Operating on a Full FCC license or an STA, have you checked the FCC licenses?

Maybe do a search within a mile or two radius of the location

Does anybody know where to find the Innisbrook Golf Tournament operations ?
Their own trunked system seems quite inadequate to handle a full tournament with only one channel.
I'm guessing they might contract out to another trunked system for the week ?
I vaguely remember from last year hearing some operations of the tournament on the Pinellas County system, but I believe that was on the Sheriff's channels, traffic duties etc..
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul

Many of the Tours will come into town with their own system, Operating on a Full FCC license or an STA, have you checked the FCC licenses?

Maybe do a search within a mile or two radius of the location

Also, expect some to be on itinerant channels and possible licensed station classes of FB2I/MOI, or be licensed "nationwide" for their areas of operation along with FB2T repeaters and MOT mobiles.

Ranger0034

Ok, using Digital Frequency Search, I was able to locate Innisbrook's new DMR system
It's listed under : Salamander Innisbrook LLC. The frequencies are :
Since I don't have DMR on my 436 yet, I'll enter them as conventional, see what I can hear, if anything.
Thanks all for your help and responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.