Input, Output frequency question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
So, my question is: UHF Low radio pairs are 5 MHz above the repeater output frequency, I think UHF high is 3 MHz above?! 700 and 800 MHz I believe are 21 MHz below the repeater output frequency, correct me if I am wrong. So, my question is, why doesn't VHF have a default frequency assignment? OK, thanks.

techman210

Nope. That is the Ham Radio "standard".

There is no standard on VHF because the VHF band was occupied before repeaters came along. The 800 band is 45 MHz separation and it's 39 in the 900 MHz band.

And you will find that input and output channels on repeaters can be reversed in the LPI sections of the UHF band, so it's not always "Recieve Low, transmit high" on those frequencies.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
So, my question is: UHF Low radio pairs are 5 MHz above the repeater output frequency, I think UHF high is 3 MHz above?! 700 and 800 MHz I believe are 21 MHz below the repeater output frequency, correct me if I am wrong. So, my question is, why doesn't VHF have a default frequency assignment? OK, thanks.

Just to clarify, 800 MHz is 45 MHz separation. 700 MHz is 30 MHz separation. T-band (470-512) is 3 MHz, and the rest of UHF is 5 MHz.

And I concur with Techman210's comment that VHF high and low bands were created and assigned long before repeaters were common, so I suspect that's the reason there is no standard separation there now. It would require a complete reshuffling of frequencies for multiple services.

Status
Not open for further replies.