INQUIRY -- Scanning for Highway Dept. talk groups...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreyn21966

I downloaded the RS PRO-106 with the RR freqs and have not been able to sucessfully receive any Highway Department communications and need to know if anyone else is experiencing the same scenario. Thanks.

jreyn21966

All trunked Public Works frequencies listed at the RR website for Washington County, MD. Thanks.

N8IAA

All trunked Public Works frequencies listed at the RR website for Washington County, MD. Thanks.

I am going to presume that you have the Washington county P-25 trunked system programmed into your scanner. Not the conventional frequencies. The reason for asking is that PW has migrated to the P-25 system. Have you assigned a scanlist to what you have imported? What programming software?
Larry

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
So you're not hearing Public works....

Are you hearing everything else?

Or are PW talkgroups the only things you've programmed?

jreyn21966

I am receiving public works but nothing being transmitted by the Washington County, MD Highway Department (formerly the Roads Dept.) I have discussed this issue with W.C. Comm. Mntce. and their reply has been to inform me that the hex/dec programming is unknown by the County due to the radio's random trunked assignment. Thanks.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
I am receiving public works but nothing being transmitted by the Washington County, MD Highway Department (formerly the Roads Dept.) I have discussed this issue with W.C. Comm. Mntce. and their reply has been to inform me that the hex/dec programming is unknown by the County due to the radio's random trunked assignment. Thanks.

That feels to me like you've been given the 'brush-off.'

Trunking assignments aren't random. But the County may not have them. Or they can't be bothered to tell you.

You'd have to do the work to figure out the TGs. Something like Pro96com would be a great help.

jreyn21966

Further advice from the Co. Comm. Mntce. office asks that i keep check at the RR site to possibly download the "hacked" data needed for programming the PRO-106. Among the limited amount of people I know that use a scanner, NONE of them are able to confirm receiving any traffic by the Washington County Roads Department. Thanks.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Further advice from the Co. Comm. Mntce. office asks that i keep check at the RR site to possibly download the "hacked" data needed for programming the PRO-106.

The county is telling you to keep looking at RadioReference?

If the data isn't posted now, who will be doing this in the future?

My previous post was suggesting that you'll have to figure it out for yourself unless someone will be posting the data shortly.

Figuring it out isn't necessarily all that difficult. But you have to be willing to put in the work and use some simple tools to do it.

I hope you get what you need.

N8IAA

Further advice from the Co. Comm. Mntce. office asks that i keep check at the RR site to possibly download the "hacked" data needed for programming the PRO-106. Among the limited amount of people I know that use a scanner, NONE of them are able to confirm receiving any traffic by the Washington County Roads Department. Thanks.

Do you have a Group Wildcard in the scanlist? It will let you hear whatever goes on. Another thing to look for is TG's that have similar numbers as what the county PW TG's have. Example: 3410, 3412, 3414, etc.. They usually keep it in the same area when programming the radios. Hacked data. what a laugh;)
Larry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.