Instagram Monitoring by Law Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Just a few minutes ago my local PD got a call from the County chopper about a band of drivers were convening in a local mall and planning to make some high speed runs. Dispatch updated with a direction of travel and indicated that it had been posted on Instagram. This is second time I have heard of an Instagram intercept locally. The last was during the BLM demonstrations.

I know some products were offered to LE to provide access to social networks inside a defined geographic location. Is this what is going on? Specifics?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I know some products were offered to LE to provide access to social networks inside a defined geographic location. Is this what is going on? Specifics?

Probably.

I remember talking to someone at the APCO trade show many years ago that was selling such a product. It would basically scrub social media and find things in a specific geographical area, or hit on specific key words, etc. and spit them out.

I don't recall the name of the product. I gave them my card, and they pestered the bejebuz out of me for about 2 years.

RayAir

This type of monitoring is common at schools and major event locations.
I even heard dispatch advise responding units that "scanner apps" were detected in the area of a call.

K7MFC

WRAA720
Anyone else here look through the contents of BlueLeaks when that hit the interwebs this past June..? Law enforcement is most definitely very deeply invested in motoring social media.

Last edited:

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
THIS is the kind of ****e our Police friends, relatives and neighbors have to put up with each shift ---->
Whatever it takes to end this insurgency against America is fine by me. Use their "social justice" worrier bs against the rioters.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Don't post stuff online, unless you want your friends, random strangers, the local police, FBI, NSA, ISIS, al-Qaida, and all your crazy exes to see it.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Many corporations and law enforcement have companies monitor social media looking for certain keywords.

Noting new and this thread has already started to go down the political rabbit hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.