Install Jeep Wrangler JL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbp1414

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone installed the P25RX in their Wrangler with 8.4 inch Uconnect? Will it run through the speakers and screen? Thanks.

djbisme

Premium Subscriber
Audio will likely run through your bluetooth connection - but what are your thoughts on using the screen?

Rbp1414

Premium Subscriber
I haven't researched this device thoroughly, so excuse my ignorance... but was wondering if I connected via USB to my Uconnect, would it run audio through the speakers and display whatever was being scanned on the display.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Using the Android interface that has been developed, and an external BT speaker might be a good option. That leaves your factory infotainment for other uses.

FreqNout

wondering if I connected via USB to my Uconnect, would it run audio through the speakers and display whatever was being scanned on the display.
Connecting the p25rx rig to the jeep USB uconnect probably will not workout. The p25rx rig USB sends serial output. The jeep is probably looking for mp3 media format to play audio.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure I had it working in a friends Gladiator but the text didnt display. I can't remember for sure.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Completely read right over you asking about usb in your other post. It was bluetooth. I couldnt get it to work with USB unfortunately.

FreqNout

It was bluetooth
Looking more into the Bluetooth AVRCP standard to get audio and text to the OP jeep (or any car). There are a number of AVRCP versions (1.0 - 1.6). Functionality most likely will depend on the car's Bluetooth AVRCP version and the p25rx rig AVRCP version.

In my reading, a lot of cars with AVRCP have issues displaying the metadata from various devices due to different AVRCP versions.

It is cool to see the p25rx rig AVRCP text display is working on some vehicles listed in the user manual with current firmware.

btt

Banned
Banned
It is cool to see the p25rx rig AVRCP text display is working on some vehicles listed in the user manual with current firmware.
I think I've mentioned it before, but I'm willing to share the P25RX Bluetooth source and SDK 4.0 patches for the ESP32 Bluetooth module with any embedded software devs/engineers that want to take a shot at improving the AVRC support. The SDK didn't support the displays in vehicles at all a couple of years ago (at least not the way Honda did it). I hacked on it until I had my car working. They may have improved AVRC support in the SDK since then.

Btdpi007

Premium Subscriber
To answer the original question, you can run the audio over Bluetooth but no information displays on the screen. I have a 2019 Ram with 8.4" Uconnect. The Bluetooth connection is finicky as well if you are connecting an iPhone at the same time over bluetooth. I assume the Uconnect does not have the ability to connect to two sources at the same time or difficult doing so. Connecting the P25RX to Uconnect via usb does not offer any interface/connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.